Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to fit a disc to a frame designed for canti's
  • boltonjon

Hi guys

I’ve got a real nice Titanium frame from the early 90’s which will make a wicked singlespeed winter bike but i hate having to rely on V-brakes

I remember seeing a disc brake adapter years back, which clamps on to the drop out and has some sort of torque bar up to the canti-pivot

Does anyone remember the name/manufacturer of this contraption?

Does anyone have any experience – where they any good??

Thanks!

nonk
    Free Member

i have a very similar bike that uses an a2z disc mount you need a fairly flat dropout for it to work.
    it has no bar upto the canti boss and is very tidy. people will say that it will snap your bike but mine is fine.
    http://www.woollyhatshop.com/brake-spares/disc-brake-adaptors/cat_58.html

seventh thing down at £24.99

boltonjon

Thanks Nonk

Does this system allow you to remove the back wheel easy still?? I tried Magura H33s but couldn’t do with the faffing around when removing the wheel!

Thanks

Jon

nonk
    Free Member

you have to take the qr all the way out to let the weel drop. other than that its ok.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DIY = cleaner & lighter.

bland

Just bear in mind that you are putting a lot of forces through an area of the frame which wasnt designed to take them in the first place so it may kill the frame….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to fit a disc to a frame designed for canti's’ is closed to new replies.