Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How to fit a crud catcher when you have an uppy downy seat post?
  • vickypea
    Free Member

I had a dropper post (which I call my “uppy-downy”) for Christmas and it’s brilliant, but the only snag is that my crud catcher, which used to clip onto my seat post, has nothing to clip on to now. Has anyone got any suggestions please?
    Given how wet the ground always seems to be these days, I don’t fancy the prospect of a soggy backside with every ride (despite wearing my waterproofish shorts).

Trimix
    Free Member

Do a search on here, its been solved before.

Dogsby

Vickypea,

Have you thought about a Zefal No Mud? I have just bought one and it seems very good although I have fitted it but not ridden it yet.

Dogsby

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Is there any room on the frame just below the seatclamp?

any pics?

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted one of those Zefal ones – on a little up and down the road ride i noticed that i’m scraping my ankles on the bloody bracket.

Square seat stays on the Mega aren’t making it easy 😀

althepal

I haven’t had any major probs with the zefal on my square stayed 575.
    Maybe I don’t have very big calves though..

dantsw13

How about the arse saver? Clips onto the rails of the saddle.

limkilde
    Free Member

Use the Ass-saver its perfect
    http://ass-savers.com/

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks folks, there’s definitely not enough room on the frame below the seat clamp so I’ll take a look at the zefal and arse saver.

althepal

Fender bender have an ass saver too I believe..

proflexforever
    Free Member

i had a similar problem with my topeak defender….
    so i modded it FTW

i poked a few holes in it with a screw driver and attached it the top of my chain stays above the tyre..

looks good and wins

Onzadog
    Free Member

On the wife’s bike, there’s just enough room on the non moving protion of the reverb.

On my bike, I’ve fitted a decathlon guard designed for brake bosses with cunning use of stainless p-clips.

vickypea
    Free Member

I had a good look online last night and in the end went for a “Beavertail Dirtboard”!

brickwizard
    Free Member

so I take it the ass saver will work with a reverb?
    Are they any good?

zelak999
    Free Member

I’ve taken the bolt out of my crud catcher and put it round the hex part of my reverb then zip tied through the hole where the bolt went. It’s not great but it works…. Until the zip ties snap!!!

iain1775
    Free Member

Waterproof shorts 😉

TheWrongTrousers

Mucky Nutz do something called the “Butt Fender”, which sounds simlar to the Ass-Saver thing

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve got supposedly waterproof Endura shorts, but in really wet conditions (ie, most of last year) they soak through after a while without a crud catcher.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How to fit a crud catcher when you have an uppy downy seat post?’ is closed to new replies.