Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How to find someone…
  • Giallograle

who doesn’t want to be found?

They moved on without a forwarding address, owning some money which they were paying. Then stopped. Left their partner at the time and disappeared from view.

I have some bits and pieces – pictures, date of birth, national insurance number, relative’s locations so I could probably send a letter via family. I have a rough idea of the area they’re likely to be in. A few appearances on family facebook pages. That’s it.

Can the STW hive mind come up with a way of finding them?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sell the debt on to a professional?

mattyfez

The approach will depend on why you need to contact them, more details required. Are you liable for the debt if you cannot contact them?

km79
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

Leave them alone, unless the debt they owe is substantial enough to warrant them being found.

Some folks just move on, move away and start again.

HTHs.

Riksbar

Leave them alone, unless the debt they owe is substantial enough to warrant them being found.

Some folks just move on, move away and start again.

Bikebouy, could I borrow some money? 😈

P-Jay
    Free Member

Personal debt or something contracted?

Personal debts aren’t easily enforceable, you’ve got to prove they are exist for a start.

Truthfully it’s not easy, you’d need to do proper leg work like ‘stake out’ relatives addresses etc and if it all goes wrong it’ll be you in trouble with old bill.

If it was me… hypotheticaly the easiest way to track someone is find someone wio has access to credit reference searches – they hold records of address links, or maybe open try to open an account in the miscreant’s name with Noddle or Experian and search for addresss links, I wouldn’t really though as it would be illegal.

T1000
    Free Member

Send them a message that they’ve won some money….

Giallograle

It’s contractual, enforcement isn’t the issue and I’m sure they’ve got enough to make it worth following. There’s been no credit activity.

@mattyfez – they owe me, but what’s the difference?

I like T1000’s idea! Except there’s no way to get in touch directly.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can they pay? Are they defaulting through choice or necessity?

If it’s a substantial amount what about a county or high court claim using their last know address? You’ll win by default then you can hand over to bailiffs to local and get the money.

Giallograle

@P-Jay I believe they can pay and are defaulting through choice.

To sue them, I need to be able to serve papers. Without an address that’s impossible. Likewise getting money on the basis of a court judgment.

If I find them, then both are possible, but much more likely that they’ll resume repayments.

poolman
    Free Member

Its very hard to drop off the radar completely. In fact, if i m looking for someone and there is no trace at all on the usual suspect websites i would get concerned. I have managed to trace ex tenants via being tagged on a fb photo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very doable.

What’s your budget?

rickmeister

This company
    https://www.hiltonbairdcollections.co.uk
    Did a great job for me tracking down and recovering almost £10k in unpaid invoices.
    Really diligent, regular updates and very knowledgable with legal and other advice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So it’s more than a few pints worth of debt then..
    And able but refuse to repay the debt…
    Carry on.

natrix
    Free Member

Have a look at the adverts in the back of private eye magazine…..

Bear
    Free Member

Social media would be the first port of call I would imagine. As someone has said not many avoid it these days.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I like T1000’s idea! Except there’s no way to get in touch directly.

Facebook account in the name of ClaimPrizesDirect or something similar.
    Post “Do you know <x> – please contact us at GotYouYouThievingB@claimprizesdirect.com”

Maybe get some friends involved. Post notes that they’ve won something and get them to reply via Likes or Comments.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How to find someone…’ is closed to new replies.