Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to find decent MTBing in Burgundy ?
  • weeksy

Off to Burgundy again this year, staying in a place with a population of about 45 … lovely little village, sod all to do…

Apart from beer, playing with my lad and some MTBing….

Did the same last year but found very very little riding of interest… despite going out most days in search etc.

How can I find any ideas/places…

Don’t mind an hours driving to get somewhere if interesting enough.

jameso

http://www.vttour.fr/topos/

Could be worth a look here, or a post on the forum if your French is ok

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Weeksy, I’ll speak to the singer in my band – he’s from Burgunday and is into mountain biking.

Stu_N

Look for the wee VTT markers when you’re out and about. There are often route boards in villages they pass through and maps in the tourist info in the nearest largish town.

We saw some signs in the hills west of the Cote d’Or; were staying a night in Morey St Denis a couple of years ago cutting across from the A38 to avoid Dijon so didn’t follow up but there is clearly some stuff out there.

clubber
    Free Member

Have a look on Strava for popular segments in the area. That should give a good indication and you can then drill down to find the rides that people do in the area to take in those segments.

weeksy

Tried Strava, all the segments I can find around are road based. We’re not a million miles from Couches.

I saw and rode plenty of VTT stuff but got the impression they’re all road based in and around various vineyards?

My French is virtually non existent… Google translate lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to find decent MTBing in Burgundy ?’ is closed to new replies.