Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • How to entice a rogue parrot?
  • covert
    Free Member

Indian Ringnecks were very popular pets in the UK in the 80s and 90s. Over time, a number of them escaped from households, met up, and have gradually started colonising the British aisles.

They’ve bred for a few generations in the wild and can be seen flying solo or in large flocks around the country.

Look for a leg-band, an aluminium ring. If it isn’t wearing one, chances are its wild.

If it has a leg band, contact The Parrot Society in Hertfordshire who will try to get you to read the ring number 🙂 this will have been registered when it was manufactured by ‘Avian ID’ in Cornwall. They in turn will contact the owner.

…but like I said, its probably wild.

mcj78
    Free Member

prettygreenparrot – Member

Is that you up my tree? 😀

Seen it again last night – fruit bowl was empty so slim pickings round here until tomorrow i’m afraid, will stock up on parrot food so it remains well fed – might leave out one of those wee wooly hats you get on Innocent smoothies as it’s a bit nipply out too 😛

I’ll update this if I ever get a photo of it wearing a bobble hat & smoking fags perched on the end of a pint of Tennents.

covert
    Free Member

Get a feeding mix specific to parakeets rather than parrots, the seed will be finer and the nutrients better targeted.

Also, do it a favour and don’t give it aubergine under any circumstances unless you’re trying to get rid of it. Aubergine is toxic to parakeets.

They love grapes chopped in half.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘How to entice a rogue parrot?’ is closed to new replies.