Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • How to drive a Ferrari
  • mattyfez

As previously mentioned, fast ‘normal’ cars you can literally put your foot to the floor and nothing too crazy happens.

Put your foot to the floor in something like that and you’ll end up in a tree. Or in a field on fire in this case.

No amount of computer gubbins and expensive tyres can offset 600bhp and a heavy right foot. Unless the computer realises the driver can’t drive and limits the engine to 80bhp.

In which case you may as well save your money and buy a normal car. Possibly the ‘sport’ version of you feel confident.

iain1775
    Free Member

I was probably only a few minutes behind this, we approached as traffic briefly slowed, saw a fire ahead, it quickly got quite intense as we passed saw it was in the field I thought little of it but my work mate in the car saw two people running into the field so assumed something had happened. I just saw a van and car on hard shoulder, no obvious signs of any crash
    It wasn’t raining at the time although it had been quite heavy about 30 minutes previously so road was wet but I wouldn’t describe it as hazardous driving conditions, traffic on the motorway was light, perfectly straight bit of road

No idea how he could end up where he did given the conditions, but I don’t recall a black Ferrari passing us in the moments before so suspect excess speed wasn’t a contributing factor, although that’s not to say he wasn’t pulling some dickish type of move at the time or someone didn’t pull out in front and he over reacted on the brakes and lost it, basically could be anything and possibly only the driver knows why

mattyfez

suspect excess speed wasn’t a contributing factor, although that’s not to say he wasn’t pulling some dickish type of move at the time

Excess speed may well have not been a factor.
    Excess acceleration whilst turning the steering wheel, ensuing panic and over compensating steering .. That’s what my money is on.

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s better to have loved and lost…….

mattyfez

Not in this case, he clearly couldn’t handle the car, he could have killed a bunch of people for his adrenaline rush.
    He didn’t have much time to love the car and he lost a fair chunk of money in the process. I assume he had insurance but who’s gonna give him a good quote after writing off a Ferrari?

jimjam
    Free Member

Well it was supposed to be a subtle joke but uh. Yeah.

mattyfez

Sorry *wooshed right over my head.

*no pun intended

CountZero

Nearest I’ve ever got to driving something like that was a Merc C63 AMG, and for the hour or so I had it it didn’t get over an indicated 80mph, 75-6 in real world figures; I’ll bet all the white vans and repmobiles tearing past in the outside lane were wondering why it was going so slow!
    The trade plates might have given them a bit of a clue, but I wasn’t going to risk my job driving like a jackass!
    The sound of that engine made it bloody tempting, mind… 😈

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘How to drive a Ferrari’ is closed to new replies.