Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • how to get cyclists a bad name
  • maxsatnav
    Free Member

OK so im driving down a reasonably busy road today just before end of rush hour and in front of me i see a chap on a bike.. OK i think he has a hi viz vest on (good) no helmet (not so good)..

so i think i will give this chap enough room when i overtake…. just as i get along side the bike and rider suddenly swerve violently to the right nearly collecting my front wing.. i brake to avoid said cycle enthusiast…

i then proceed to tentativly pass again.. as i get further past this time i notice that the rider id doing the following

1… riding no handed
    2…. carrying plastic bags of somthing on handle bars
    3…. and the best yet…. actually drinking /eating what looked like a McDs drink / ice cream

obviously guy finishes his ride to work meal catches up with traffic at roound about… letsout a bansai scream and laughs has he speeds across roundabout like a complete *******

oh dont worry it was a supermarket special not a “niche” mode of transport

just thought id share

that is all

cynic-al
    Free Member

WIND.

UP.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

TRUE

skidartist
    Free Member

I’m actually grateful for feckless nutters on bikes. If drivers think we’re all like that maybe they’ll give us a bit more room.

el_boufador

that’s some skills!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i often throw a “dummy wobble” if i think a driver is going to pass to close.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You try to pass him twice before you notice he’s riding no hands?

redthunder
    Free Member

Respect 🙂

— Today I had 12 Bramleys apples in the camelbak from a free roadside pickup. And a sports holdal on the handlebars. Rode on the pavement uphill with one hand and passed another cyclist in left lane also going up hill.

Next, I’ll do that witha Costa Coffee.

iain1775
    Free Member

with skills like that hes probably just back from the red bull rampage

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘how to get cyclists a bad name’ is closed to new replies.