Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How to create a mosaic from photos?
  • sandwicheater

Want to create a mosaic print of our son using photos of his first year (crumbs, that is one fast year, can’t believe he will be one this month!).

Is there software people could recommend?

Have a picture in mind that I’d like the mosaic to look like and an unbelievable amount of photos to create it with.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did this a while ago for mrs blobby with all her old album covers, then made a big canvas print of it. Was quite a lot of work, hundreds of images. I used a command line utility that worked well to create the big image, can’t remember what it is but I’ll see if I can find it.

StirlingCrispin

I do this with Picasa.

http://picasa.google.com/

bigG
    Free Member

AA, I use picassa to do this.

G

sandwicheater

That’s the plan mrblobby, do a canvas print type thing. Thanks for having a butchers for me.

EDIT: Cheers guys, I’ll have a play with that tonight.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Andrea Mosaic

I use this, and I’ve made mosaic with a few thousand photos at a time. It analyses the individual photos to put the best colour shapes in the best locations, and adjusts colours slightly to match the template photo. Really very good.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ll have a look but unless you’re happy with an unix command line you’re probably better off with picassa!

beanum

BigHugeLabs have a mosaic maker on their site

sandwicheater

Cheers mrblobby but as I thought it was a dance move I’ll stick to the above suggestions.

Is it a dance move?

Cheers guys

mrblobby
    Free Member

Actually found some of what I did. I used the command line version of gimp to crop and resize all the images, then to combine them into the mosaic and resize that. This was a good few years ago with slower internet connections. Probably would have just used Picassa today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How to create a mosaic from photos?’ is closed to new replies.