Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How to complain to Ebay?
  • mikejd

I have just bid on an Apple laptop and won. I paid through the Ebay Paypal link. Then I receive a message from the seller asking how I want it sent. There was a postage price of £3.20 on the auction page which I had paid. He claimed this was an error by Ebay and couldn’t send it for that. He was going to take it up with Ebay.

Then I get a message from Ebay saying his account was compromised. When I tried to contact him again through the messaging system I get a reply saying the item had been removed and my message can’t be sent. All attempts to find him or contact Ebay about it now failed.

I checked my bank account and the transaction from Paypal is listed on the statement. So I went to my Paypal account and found the transaction but it is shown as not collected. I was able to click a button to cancel it, which appears to have gone through. I will now have to wait to see if is returned to my bank account.

I would like to make a complaint to Ebay about this as I have wasted so much time and now have to go back to trying to find and win another laptop. Trying to find a place to complain to Ebay is endless. Unless your complaint fits one of their listed headings it seems impossible just to find a simple contact point.

Anyway, I guess I should be pleased if I’ve not lost the money, but I think they should be told of dissatisfaction with their service. I doubt I can do much but just needed to rant (I guess this doesn’t even satisfy the requirements of a proper rant).

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Seller didn’t get what he wanted for it so cancelled the sale (nothing to do with postage)?

tonyd

I’d stop now if I were you, IME eBay don’t give a damn about their users. There’s a reason you can’t find a person to contact!

Not worth getting yourself wound up about.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Complaining to eBay? good luck with that. There’s a chance that someone from eBay will see this. But you’ll have absolutely no joy trying to contact them direct. Not in my experience.

rene59
    Free Member

Stand outside tonight and shout at the moon. It will be as effective and far less hassle.

cp

I would like to make a complaint to Ebay about this as I have wasted so much time

As long as you get your money back then draw it up to experience. You will lose far more time trying to complain about something which isn’t really their fault.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Possible scam on a hijacked account or what rockhopper said. ebay don’t really do prompt or personal customer service. Experience tells me it wont make a jot of difference. Be glad youve still got your money , use it to build a bridge, and get over it x

And if there was a way for people to express disatisfaction to ebay it would probably crash the site!

cardo

Oh dear… good luck firstly but try using the messenger type service in the contact although I can’t find that anymore (I stopped using Ebay a while ago due to their lack of caring about fakes and outrageous selling costs).. there is a number on this page http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/eua?query=1309
    Hope that helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to complain to Ebay?’ is closed to new replies.