Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How to choose a private Physio?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll finally be getting my cast off tomorrow following a broken scaphoid.

Thinking about physio and following experience of NHS physio in the past, and the experience of the NHS fracture clinic I think I may go to a private physio for recovery.

Any advice regarding how to choose one? Any recommendations for one in York?

Northwind

I went to the one on campus at work because they’re nearby and a I get a discount. They did turn out to be good, though. Before that I had an equally excellent NHS one. I reckon there’s good and bad in public and private.

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, I’ve just been lucky and stuck with the ones I’ve used in the past as I found I got on with them (I now use a different practice as my favourite physio moved there, though happily go to either physio in the new practice, they’re both good). In the first place I just picked somewhere which mentioned “sports injuries”. Best advice is to try and if you feel it’s not right don’t be afraid to try somewhere else.

euans2
    Free Member

I’m currently waiting on an NHS physio appointment for my knees, I’ve been told I will have to wait at least 10 weeks for an appointment. Thinking of just going private through my medical insurance instead.

aracer
    Free Member

Go private if you can afford it then. I’d hate to think how much I’ve spent on private physio over the years, but far better value than shiny bits for your bike. Personally I’d never wait for NHS physio again having done that once (and the physio wasn’t very good at the end of it). I reckon I also fast tracked the system by taking a referral letter from the physio to my GP recently, as he appreciated I was taking it seriously and not wasting his time.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I assume I’ll find out tomorrow, but if I had to wait 10 weeks I’d be eating cold beans out of the tin if thats what I needed to do to go private!

Pieface

The University probably do Physio through their Sports department, they do here in Sheffield.

Chances are you’ll end up with someone who works privately as most Physio’s work / worked for the Uni and do freelance stuff as well.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Thanks for that Pieface, I’ll have a look around their website (and then call them when I can’t find it!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to choose a private Physio?’ is closed to new replies.