Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to check a company is still in business…
  • spooky_b329

I’ve ordered over £100 of stuff from a website, it all looks genuine enough and I’m sure the business is real.

However, after a couple of order update emails stating my stock had been allocated and then arrived in the workshop to be prepped, its all gone quiet. No response to my emails for over 14 days, one of their numbers is permanently engaged and the other goes into a small automated call system where every option is unanswered.

I will be calling my card company tomorrow but is there any way of finding out if the company has ceased trading. I’ve done some googling and can’t find any reports/complaints from other customers.

seba560
    Free Member

Companies house if it’s registered.

andybanks
    Free Member

Duedil.com

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

thanks, useful links.

From duedil, its not looking particularly hopeful, parent company wound up last year, this subsidiary states financial statements too old.

andrewh
    Free Member

Financial staements usually a year behind. Companies House will tell you if it still an active company (ie. still exists as a legal entity and has not been wound up) this is not the same as still trading of course.
    Where are they, anyone here pop round to have a look?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Was the company called “Arse Tickler’s Faggots Fan Club”?

spooky_b329

Well seeing as if they are still around, their customer service is abysmal so it is:

Tough Locks Ltd
    toughlocks.co.uk
    Units 1-3, 52 Stainbeck Road, Leeds LS7 2QY

I found their ebay profile and have tried an alternative mobile number, first time it was unanswered, after that it was turned off/no reception.

Anyone drive down Stainbeck road on their way to work? Is the front door open?!

Just checking companies house but apparently it can be quite a while before its updated.

leffeboy

you paid 100 quid to a company called ToughLuck :-)?

rickmeister

Just checked, showing as an active company but not filed accounts in 2010 or 2011 …

HTH

patriotpro
    Free Member

Call a neighbouring company and ask them if there is comings and goings…

geoffj

Leeds – I know just the fella…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to check a company is still in business…’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts