Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to cheaply led up an action man spotlight?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I need a small lamp on my dresser and I fancy using my old action man lamp. It’ll only be used when fiddling with contact lens and needs to be battery. Anyone have any ideas how I can convert it to led, is it possible to canabalise a cheap torch?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/gavtheoldskater/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1c17b79d.jpg

andyl
    Free Member

Replace bulb with LED bulb.

What type of bulb is it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thread title I did not anticipate seeing…

CountZero
    gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers guys. i thought the instructables one was the go then it stopped on resistors… and really i’m not that clever when it comes to stuff like that.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

can’t see any identification on the bulb, but total length is 3cm, bulb is 1.5cm l, base is 1cm (just under 1.5cm with solder tip) and base is 1cm diameter. flange fit.

i’m thinking a straight bulb torch to led conversion maybe the way to go.

Cougar

it stopped on resistors… and really i’m not that clever when it comes to stuff like that.

You need a resistor with a LED or they go a bit… explody. A regular bulb has an internal resistance not present in LEDs.

Sundayjumper

It doesn’t help that they’ve not proof read their article.

(4 – 3.3)/30e?³

Should read

(4 – 3.3)/30×10?³

See ? Much clearer now !

CountZero

Sundayjumper, that whooshing noise is the sound of what you’ve written going right over my head! 😀

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

yep, mine too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to cheaply led up an action man spotlight?’ is closed to new replies.