Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to bleed Avid Jucy 3 – help
  • Wolfdog
    Free Member

can anyone help – how can I belld Avid 3’s witout coughing up for the bleed kit?

MrNutt
    Free Member

no sorry, its a faff enough with the kit!

DezB
    Free Member

…without coughing up for the bleed kit?

Borrow someone else’s bleed kit?

richc
    Free Member

you need a bleed kit

johnboyrider
    Free Member

I work part time in a local BS . Avids are good/ V good untill you need to bleed them, get the bleed kit and follow the instructions to the letter, all will be well try to cut corners and you will end up wasting time and then buying a kit and following the instructions . It is the only way!!!!!

coatesy
    Free Member

It can be done, wouldn’t recommend it for a full bleed, but for getting the air out of a factory bled system it’s fine. I use the top from a Hayes bleed bottle(had it lying around) screwed into the lever port to make a reservoir. Make sure there are no humps or high spots in the hose, and keeping the reservoir topped up, keep flicking the lever. Tilting the lever down while you do it will allow the bubbles of air an easy route out.
    Also worth doing even if you have the kit, is to point the lever upwards and tap it before you finish the bleed, it usually releases a few more bubbles which I guess get trapped under the diaphragm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to bleed Avid Jucy 3 – help’ is closed to new replies.