Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • How to become a pilot? (Daughter content)
  • dantsw13

Whatever.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

This may be absolute nonsense, but to me it would seem easier to have pilotless planes than driverless cars. If so, surely the majority of pilots’ days are numbered?

Sort of. Heavy automation means a lot of flying can be done by the computer, but someone still has to drive it which creates a fair load on the crew still. UAVs aren’t yet certified for civil airspace, but it won’t be that far off and you could just do a big one.

But if car software falls over, it can just pull to the side of the road and stop. On an aeroplane you just stop for a moment and…

cornholio98
    Free Member

If there is a local gliding club or air cadets near you that would be worth a look.

My dads recollection on the weapons training for the raf from his time was that every so often you had to go to a range and fire randomly at the other end then they left you alone for a while.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just caught up on this thread. Shame it’s descended in to the usual difference of opinions. Many great replies thanks. Getee I stick by my earlier comments and thank you for the offer. On holiday at the mo with near enough no internet but when back will be discussing further with dear daughter. Cheers guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘How to become a pilot? (Daughter content)’ is closed to new replies.