Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How to back up my HTC desire to the SD (all of it!)
  • DrP

Basically, T mobile are sending me another desire to swap for mine (they think there’s a hardware issue..).
    I’ve plenty of (paid) apps, and have it all set up how i like it!

Is there a way of simply backing everything up onto the SD, so that when I pop it into my new phone, it instantly becomes my ‘old’ phone…??

Ta!

DrP

crikey
    Free Member

Make sure all your contacts are saved by looking at your Google mail account and clicking on contacts.
    Your apps should appear ready to download when you access the market.
    You’ll have to set up your own home screen or customised layout, which is best done by drawing it out on a piece of paper. Should be up and running in about 15-20 mins.

DrP

contacts and calendar are all google…
    So, apps are all done via the google account (i.e, it’ll know i’ve paid for them…..).
    THe desire does have a back up function on it, but not sure what it backs up…

DrP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

I’ve got a hero and its really quick to do, even over mobile internet.

Cougar

Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro will back up apps.

You don’t -need- to do this; if your contacts are synced with Google, you can re-download any apps you had previously.

If this is too much work, you’re looking at a backup app. I’ve never used the built-in HTC backup app so I’ve no idea if it’s any good, someone else will have to cmment on this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to back up my HTC desire to the SD (all of it!)’ is closed to new replies.