Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to adjust my Chumba's EBB?
  • los
    Free Member

Do I need a tool or am I just being one?
    A cursory glance over my new Chumba HX1 frame revealed no obvious means of rotating and securing the EBB. Other EBB frames I’ve seen have had bolts underneath but this doesn’t.
    I’ve heard people mention EBB tools – will I need one?
    Cheers
    Los

Rickos
    Free Member

Have you called Si at Progressive?

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Obviously ensure the wedge is loose……then insert two allens keys in the holes on the side and some kind of bar between the two to allow you to lever the BB round inside the shell(screwdriver works well). If you can when rotating the EBB and tightening the chain try and get the wedge betweenthe 6 and 12 p’clock position….so if it does slip (and from my experience it will) it will at least tighten the chain in the process.

I’ve had lots of EBBs………effin hate them, but sometimes you just have to endure the pain!!

los
    Free Member

Thanks, will give that a go (and chat to Si as well)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is probably a pin spanner you can get to rotate it. I have one for the EBB on my tandem. loosen the bolt holding the taper wedge, shock it with a hammer and punch to loosen the taper, rotate with pin spanner until the chain is tight, tighten bolt.

steve_b77
    Free Member
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Just a thought on this, when installing the or any EBB to work with a geared bike, whats the best position to set it in?

Clobber
    Free Member

Blimey, thanks for the link steve_b77

No chance in hell would I have realised that the side labelled ‘R’ is for the left hand side of the bike…

(The R stands for Righthand thread..)

wwaswas

loosen the bolt holding the taper wedge, shock it with a hammer and punch to loosen the taper

my Gary Fishers EBB had a second nut that the bolt holding the wedge undid against – effectively the wedge was self extracting.

llama

look on the non drive side

one of the holes is for loosening the EBB with a 5mm hex

loosen it

move it easily – use the hex to lever it does not take much

llama

Just a thought on this, when installing the or any EBB to work with a geared bike, whats the best position to set it in?

Whatever you like best?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to adjust my Chumba's EBB?’ is closed to new replies.