Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How the heck do I calculate spoke lengths?
  • vickypea
    Free Member

I have a lovely pair of hope pro 2 evo hubs and have decided to have a crack at building a pair of hope enduro rims onto them.
    The hubs are sitting in the shed waiting, the rims are ordered but now I need spokes. I’ve had a look at online spoke calculators but can’t make any sense of them. Heeellllpppp!
    Could you lovely experts out there give me a head start? I’d really like to know (and understand) the calculating process.

Ta
    Floss

scotroutes

The Roger Musson book explains it well – and the build process. It would be well worth downloading it before you go any further.

vickypea
    Free Member

Oops, Mrs Floss (Vicky Pea) hadn’t logged off on the family iPad!

Thanks Scott, I’ll have a look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

http://www.wheelpro.co.uk/wheelbuilding/book.php

£9 and worth every penny.

(This thread was a good reminder to download the latest edition – ta)

vickypea
    Free Member

Book downloaded. Thanks!
    Bloody hell…. I’ve got fifty pages to read before I even get to spoke lengths! Ah well, I might have them built for this summers Alps trip.
    F

kayak23

Two spokes, joined together with elastic, a la Roger Musson, to measure external rim diameter.

andyl
    Free Member

Hope rims and hope hubs I think I would just buy some ready made hope hoops.

The Roger musson book is excellent and use his spreadsheet. You could also ask hope for the spoke lengths I am sure.

alpineharry
    Free Member

I usually use this when I build wheels – https://leonard.io/edd/

Stick this in for ‘ERD’ (Delete as necessary)
    Rim ERD: 26″ 539 // 27.5″ 562 // 29″ 600

Should be able to use the ‘pro 2’ presets from the website.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How the heck do I calculate spoke lengths?’ is closed to new replies.