Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How did this happen?
  • gb1m
    Free Member

Decided to dust off my 146 today after winter hibernation and take it for a ride. All was well and was enjoying having back rear bounce when on one of the roughest and rockest tracks in my area I hear a noise and then am catapulted off me bike.

After picking myself up and kicking rocks for a few mins inspected the bike, Somehow one of the spokes on the rear wheel was hooked in the bottom jockey wheel on the rear mech causing the rear wheel to lock solid . How the **** would this happen??

Now home and trying to ease the pain with stella I think I’ve broke my thumb on my right hand and the knuckle on my little finger on my left,also covered in gravel rash and bruising on my left side. 🙁

Sometimes I wonder why I bother

Shorty121
    Free Member

Sounds like the limits aint set up properly allowing the mech to travel further into the wheel

scaredypants

wot shorty said, although sometimes bad luck throws a rock up and can do horrible things to your mech even if it’s set right

cynic-al
    Free Member

Spoke broke then went into the mech?

gb1m
    Free Member

Spoke is still attached both ends and the gears were working fine so probably as scaredypants says. I was off usual line and ploughing through the rocks but never had anything like this happen in 15 years of mtb.

Bikes also in a sorry state, X9 rear mech trashed , de-railer hanger bent and a wheel to sort out. Don’t know how work will go tomorrow as I’m self employed decorater.

Could have been worse however as I must of been doing 20mph and was riding alone. In mucho pain though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How did this happen?’ is closed to new replies.