Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • how tall are you , what size anthem x do you ride?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

looking at an anthem

comparing the measurements from my old bike which was a bit frankensteins monster (but very comfy, enough for a 24 hour solo and several 10 hour solos) i cant get an accurate sizing for my self … intuition says large , the sizes offered say medium.

what height are you , whats your inside leg and what size anthem x do you ride?

freakcrab
    Free Member

No answer to your question but I’m having a similar issue.
    I’m looking to buy an Anthem X frame to replace a Kona hardtail frame.
    All the geometries tell me that the M is about the same length as my 19″ Kona (23.4″ top tube vs 23.5″ on the Kona) and the L is alot longer. However, I’ve heard the L Anthem X is recommended for riders over 5’10” (I’m 6′).
    I’d try asking your question in the giant forum over at MTBR or going into a shop and getting a try.
    I’m planing on going to the demo day at Carron valley to size an Anthem X up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

doesnt matter now , i cant get an anthem x in large unless i buy the shit speked x3 …

looking at a merida 96 now ! just waiting on a price coming back

daveb
    Free Member

I am just under 6ft and have the L, I did try a m but I thought it felt very cramped.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers daveb (is it your orange x2 one thats on flickr in the pentlands ? ) under the name daveb also …

So at 6 foot 3 ill need a large for sure so its out 🙁

merida it is for now then !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i’m 6ft with short legs, medium felt perfect, but all depends on your idea of perfect

buy the complete bike and strip it, rebuild with the best of both bikes, sell the spares, and buy a few nice new bits with the proceeds? Cheep Giants seme to sell for about the same as the frames anyway!

trail_rat
    Free Member

the sums dont add up really thisisnotaspoon , i considered that but it would basically be buying a frame …the parts on it are low rent non desirable stuff that will attract low income. and the cost of building it how i would want(basically the x2 with a couple of small changes) pushes it past my budget

doesnt matter what the bike is , im a firm believer in rider not bike. long as its light and its got some sort of xc pedigree . it`ll go as fast as i can make it. so ill hedge my bets on a merida now , i know they have stock just waiting for the shop to get back to me with a price

richc
    Free Member

Have you considered the Trance Advanced? Paulscycles have some on offer starting at £1750 and they aren’t a million miles off the Anthem X travel/setup (not sure about geometry) and weight.

trail_rat
    Free Member

trance is fine if you like to sit up and beg riding (ive ridden a trance a fair bit as a friend has one) im looking for a flat backed racer purely for racing and enduros (ill swap out the stem for long distance …just like i did on my heckler)

beka
    Free Member

Terry – Go for a hardtail – you know it makes sense 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

you know me beka? …. who are you ?

dunno im drawn to the 96er for the enduro side of things and it wont compromise me in the sxc at all really (thatll be my lack of leg power)

both bikes represent a 10lb saving over what i was racing on last season !

and there is about 3/4s lb difference between the ht and the 96s (the alloy carbon mix one at 2399) although the hardtail has sids instead of foxs (i hate fox forks…but id just have to live with them)

beka
    Free Member

You going to be organised for Rd 1 sxc ?

Hardtail still the best option – especially the way you ride!

trail_rat
    Free Member

doubt it , only flew back into the country yesterday. was out this morning , resting HR is about 25bpm above the norm, Going to race this sunday and see what comes out of that. IIRC last time i went to nz i got this and i needed a good effort to get my body working properly again and get the RHR down. Not entered yet and not got any transport or a bike so looking highly unlikely that ill be racing rnd 1 but will see

and what you mean the way i ride 😉 …. if thats anything to go by surely as sketchy as i am i should be on a fullsus to keep me upright !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Trances have quite an upright riding position due to a shorting top tube and highish front. Mine does anyway. Racers normally go for a more stretched-out frame don’t they?

techsmechs
    Free Member

5’8″ 31″ inside leg Sz Medium with a 90mm stem is perfect….

daveb
    Free Member

Hi, yeah I have a few pics on Flickr – X1 though not X2. I forgot to say that I changed the stem to a 70mm as the 100mm that came with it was a bit stretched out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sorry yes x1 , the same one i was looking at doh …

almost certain it`ll be a merida 96 now

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘how tall are you , what size anthem x do you ride?’ is closed to new replies.