Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • How stupid are criminals? Very.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

I would never dream of intentionally hurting another being. Or robbing anyone. But drugs? My golly, I used to love my drugs. And if that made me a criminal then so be it. Stupid law anyway, just makes the government look stupid.

Don’t have many drugs these days, apart from wine. But that’s not a drug. It’s a drink.

Cordially,

A. Criminal.

binners

The beautiful irony of it all is that the supply of drugs represents, more than anything, the ‘free market’ in essence. As espoused by pretty much every significant politician, in power. Supply and demand, simple as that, totally unconstrained by regulation.

So if you’re a drug dealer you actuality represent the logical conclusion of free market capitalist philosophy. Yet at the same time you offend its morality to the extent that you are public enemy number one, possibly number 2 after kiddie fiddlers. Though they seemed to have been pretty tolerant with them.

It’s all utterly contradictory, totally hypocritical bollocks!

But if you can do alright in that market, manage to stay alive, and turn a profit, you’ll be a damn site more qualified than Phillip Green to be running a company. And definitely a better human being having not pillaged s pension fund

Hey ho

nbt

Not committed any crimes (that I’m aware of) but as probationary constable, I experienced the idiocy (and to be fair, occasional outstanding decency) of humans in general. I once arrested a shoplifter whose mate got away, then two days later was asked to visit court to arrest said mate who’d turned up to watch his mate being arraigned.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PJM1974
    Free Member

I remember a load of people I know fell for a scam involving £350m, a large bus and a load of tosh in the news published by a bunch of career crooks.

Can’t recall the outcome though.

user-removed
    Free Member

Crumbs. My apologies for talking a load of rubbish. No more Tuesday night whisky for me.

Wednesday night whisky is ok though. Watch this space…

user-removed
    Free Member

Binners. I’m struggling to understand your last post.

As an ex “bad-man”, it’s encumbent upon me to make up for all the shitty things I’ve done. I’m behooved to punish myself, donate to charities and generally berate myself until my penance is done.

All that said, it was a decent life – lots of hired cars, exotic ladies and executive flats. And the bad times obviously followed: nights in the cells, the worst hangovers in the world, behind bars, with no release date – all very much deserved.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I love this place..

Drug dealing.. Ah the folly of youth

Big thieves.. Disgusting vermin that should be hung by their balls for their crimes against society…

lowey

My life of crime consisted of shoplifting a set of flights for darts from Woolworths. They had a pic of a scantily clad lady on them.

I slipped them into a bag of sweets that I had already purchased and made for the exit. The sense of relief as I exited the shop was immense. I crossed over the town centre road directly outside to get to my bus stop and found myself thrown into the air, arms and legs flailing, going over the roof of a Ford Capri. Hit and run driver never stopped.

I’m convinced it was instant Karma.

franksinatra

Binners, what a load of tosh.

And definitely a better human being having not pillaged s pension fund

You do know that in some cases drugs destroy and take lives don’t you?

seosamh77
    Free Member

franksinatra – Member

Do you know that prohibition and tacit approval of the black market is responsible for alot of that, aye?

franksinatra

So people become addicted to drugs to the point that they destroy their own lives because the of prohibition? Wow.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nice grasp on the situation there.

jamj1974

Binners +1

jamj1974

Seosamh +1.

Significant body of evidence that prohibition does not work. If you want a really simple example though – US alcohol prohibition.

fasthaggis
    binners

in the vast majority of cases thats due to the nature of prohabition, not the drugs directly. For example a recent shipment of purer than usual heroin caused a spate of deaths from overdoses. Simply because the purity and quality of the drugs on the street cannot be controlled

And as a few of us have pointed out on here, the drugs market, worth billions, is entirely controlled by totally ammoral (but certainly not stupid) individuals, where the rule of the jungle applies. Whoever is prepared to use the most sickening level of violence controls the market. I mean… look at this in the news today FFS!. Its an open admission that the police cannot control gang violence fuelled by the illegal supply of drugs. Its pathetic!

Prohibition is totally ineffectual. As the recent criminalisation od Spice has proved. Our cities are awash with the (now illegal) stuff

We pour billions into policing which has absolutely zero impact on supply, while spending next to nothing on education , prevention, and treatment of addiction

Its a totally ****ed up set of priorities! Utter stupidity! And yet we still, as a society, bury our heads in the sand and refuse to have a grown up debate about it. Seeking refuge in tabloid hysteria instead

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

binners for PM

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’m intrigued to know how an injuction will have any effect in that Birmingham situation.

These are guys who are quite happy to tote machine guns around 24-7 and have a jolly little shoot out in public.

binners

It will have absolutely zero effect. And is therefore entirely indicative of UK drugs policy

yunki
    Free Member

You do know that in some cases drugs pies destroy and take lives don’t you?

binners
    Cougar

I’m convinced it was instant Karma.

Flights for flights, seems plausible.

slowoldman

Don’t have many drugs these days, apart from wine. But that’s not a drug. It’s a drink.

Cordially,
    Wine a cordial?

CountZero

I used to holiday sometimes near Tenby, and I used to wander into the WHSmith and nick Hot Wheels cars.
    Nobody ever noticed, I got quite good at it, had half a dozen in the end.
    Occasionally swiped CD’s that had fallen off magazine covers that I wasn’t interested in buying.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘How stupid are criminals? Very.’ is closed to new replies.