Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How stupid am I
  • beinbhan

I have just put my garmin 705 through a full wash cycle in the machine, took it off the bike and stuck it in my jersey pocket while I put the bike away. It was switched on and working when I took it out, whats the chances of it surviving drying out 😳

nowthen
    Free Member

DO NOT try and switch it on!

Put it in a bag of rice (uncooked…) for a couple of days, the rice will absorb all the moisture inside… this has worked for various phones and gizmos in our house… hope it helps

cranberry
    Free Member

Remove the batteries, put it in a big bag of uncooked rice for a few days and hope.

On the positive side; you are unlikely to do the same thing a second time.

theotherjonv

That it’s still working is a good sign, I’d say.

+1 Bag of dry rice, but also put it in the airing cupboard. Best chance it’s got, what’s to lose by trying.

seadog101

I had a once Nokia phone that survived a full wash AND dry cycle in industrial sized machines. No life when it came out all hot, but was right as rain when it cooled down.

Some stuff is ment not to die. There is hope yet for the Garmin.

beinbhan

Update:- Garmin has survived, put it in rice in airing cuboard, took it out this morning and it started up straight away and everything seems to be functioning lucky me 😀

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Uncle Ben does it again.

geoffj

I did same to mrs j’s forerunner watch. 12 hrs in the boiler cupboard and it was fine.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Glad to hear it. I even had a Blackberry survive which had got submerged in salt water whilst switched on. The bizare advice there was to rinse it through with fresh water (to remove salts which are very conductive) and then do the airing cupboard trick for a few days. I like the rice upgrade …

tarquin
    Free Member

Remove it from the rice before you come to make a good curry…. 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How stupid am I’ is closed to new replies.