Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How stiff are Rock Shox SID XX dual Air 29?
  • MSP

I have seen some at a decent price, to start my 29er build. They are the 100mm travel tapered versions with 15mm maxle light.

I am quite heavy so am willing to give away some weight in the forks for stiffness, how do these compare to others? I haven’t really kept up with comparison’s of biking technology for a while.

IA

I’ve got some 15mm/taper 100mm 29er sid RCT3s (better damping than XX, but no lockout, otherwise the same).

I’m 6’4″ and 87kg, plenty stiff for enthusiastic riding. Wheels matter as much as forks on a 29er too IMO, get some stiff wheels too.

If you want stiffer, you’d need to move up to a rev and space it down, or go with another brand (rebas are the same chassis).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ooo where did you see a decent price? Can’t find these with much of a discount.

I was wondering about the stiffness thing, but they use the same lowers as the 29er Rebas with slightly different uppers and different internals, so presumably equally stiff. So unless you’re going for something a lot beefier you probably won’t find stiffer in the Rockshox range. Would assume the maxel would stiffen them up too. At least that’s my reasoning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How stiff are Rock Shox SID XX dual Air 29?’ is closed to new replies.