Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How soon to put a baby in a bike seat
  • ds3000
    Free Member

I have a 1 year old, she can walk, run and turn on a dime. My wife thinks it’s too early to get her a bike seat, I think she’d definitly be able to handle it. Especially as I’d only be taking her in the park.

Any experiences? What kind do people use for younger ones? Trailers? Attached to the seat?

Thanks,

Dave

cxthompson
    Free Member

Trailered mine from 6 months and then bike seat on the ute from 9months. She’s 2 and still loves the bike seat!

h4muf
    Free Member

Mines 13 months, can’t walk only just crawls!
    She goes in a bike trailer so yours will be fine!

iamtheresurrection

Mine was once they fitted properly into the smallest Specialized helmet and hold the weight of the helmet on their neck comfortably. About 10 months from memory.

Eldest loved it, youngest about to start… 🙂

Edit. Just looked back through photos, it was more like 14 months before I started.

willyboy
    Free Member

We use a weeride. Our little one has been in it since about 13 months.

garage-dweller

Plenty old enough. Wrap her up warm. They can get really cold very quickly sitting there inactive.

The wheels on the bike go round and round has a surprising number of variations!

murf
    Free Member

My eldest was in a trailer from 8 months on. As soon as we thought he had sufficient neck strength.
    He loved it and I used to take him on singletrack and fire roads without problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How soon to put a baby in a bike seat’ is closed to new replies.