Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How should I cook some Asparagus?
  • Tiger6791

Well I bough a bunch on impulse as was thinking I may have it for my lunch, what's a good healthy and tasty way to cook it?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Have you got a skillet? If not just flash fry in some olive oil (until slightly "scorched) then serve with shaved parmesan, some decent rock salt and a bit of lemon juice.

YUM!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Throw it in the bin, leave for a week, then ask the binmen to take the green hell away.

binners

Get the spears of it. Wrap it in parma ham. Cover in a load of grated parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and black pepper. Bang in the oven for 5 minutes

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

alpinegirl
    Free Member

If you're hungry cook it with some pasta (add it in for the last few minutes in 1" pieces) then stir in some creme fraiche and lemon juice, then add parmasan, salt and pepper.

AndyRT
    Free Member

steam them for a few mins until they go a rich green.

Serve with melted butter and salt and pepper.
    Helpful tip:

To make sure you are only cooking the bit you want to eat, hold one at the base, and then half way up, and bend it like you want to snap it. It always breaks where the woody bit starts so you only eat the nice bits.

Be prepared for smelly wee, even if you eat it raw

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unless you've been genetically engineered not to smell it.

Tiger6791

It's okay I always cook my wee

MrsToast
    Free Member

Boil them for a couple of minutes, wrap them in parma ham, baste with olive oil and season with black pepper, pop in the oven for a bit. Om nom nom nom.

GrahamS

Or genetically engineered not to produce them smell.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Blanche, then toss in butter.
    Simple, effective, tasty.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I'd go with Surf Mat's skillet suggestion, although I usually steam it for a couple minutes first, then blanch it, then do what he does, just so it's the right side of al dente.

It's also nice just steamed and then bundled inside an omelette or sat on top of some scrambled eggs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or genetically engineered not to produce them smell.

I think it's been shown that nearly all humans produce it, it's just that some can't smell it.

AndyRT
    Free Member

does that work for farts too?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

does that work for farts too?

It would be great if we could be engineered to just smell our own…and not anybody else's

TimP
    Free Member

On the BBQ – obviously not too helpful if you are at work but my favourite way of cooking it

bobbyspangles

cook in a DRY skillet or pan until slightly coloured then remove from heat and add good olive oil, rocksalt and a squeeze of lemon juice.

serve

Tiger6791

Well I blanched, then put in a griddle with some butter, black pepper and some grated mature cheddar.

Was very nice.

I'll let you know about the wee.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How should I cook some Asparagus?’ is closed to new replies.