Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • how shonky are argos.
  • ton

ordered a wii 3 weeks ago
    did not arrive 1st delivery date
    complained
    did not arrive 2nd delivery date
    complained
    did not arrive 3rd delivery date
    cancelled and had mrs t's card refunded…….
    guess what just arrived at work 3 days after being cancelled…….. 🙄

KINGTUT
    Free Member

A bike?

iDave
    Free Member

so you got a free wii?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bargain.

Pook

yeah, I get you got a free wii too.

😀

ton

and now my concience is playing havoc……….

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You got a free wii and you're still complaining?

GTDave
    Free Member

Argos are ace!! They mispriced a very nice 40" flat screen TV by considerably less than anywhere else (including on-line) and gave me free delivery within a week! Made me very happy. 😀

bristolbiker
    Free Member

On the plus side…..

– we regularly get stuff delivered to us which is intended for a bloke half a mile away with a similar address. Everytime we phone up they say keep it, it's too much hastle to re-stock it and the bloke has complained and got his stuff resent. So far, nothing of value, but fingers crossed.

On the minus……

– Actually used their home delivery service to get a sofa bed delivered. Turned up on time and the monkeys brought it to the door. Walked it into the hallway and the conversation went like this…..

Monkey 1 : ' Where do you want it'
    Me : 'Upstairs in the spare room'
    Monkey 1 to Money 2 : ' He wants it upstairs'
    Monkey 2 : 'Can't do that – it's over 50kg. Health and safety, innit'
    Me : "Riiigghhht – no-one thought to tell me that this might be an issue when I ordered it? How the am I supposed to get it upstairs?!??
    …..Silence…….
    Me: "You've just walked it down eight steps to get it here, and yet now it's unsafe to get it up 13 steps onto the first floor"
    …..silence….
    Me : "Can we take packaging off and the covers – it'll be under 50 kg then – we can weigh it if you like to make sure"
    ….silence….
    Me : "So you've turned up here knowing that this might be an issue with absolutely no back-up plan? How TF do removal people do this kind of thing???? Do you think just leave furniture around the country cause they can't move anything other than on the ground floor????"
    ….silence…..
    Me : "So are you going to do a risk assessment to asses the H+S implications, as your clearly just going to dump it the hallway blocking the front door – my primary means of escape in a fire"
    …silence…
    Me: "Right, **** off you shower of sh!te – no I won't be signing your delivery note and if anyone at your office quibbles it give them my number and I'll tell them why!!!!!"
    They leave…… no-one has called. Boils my p!ss just thinking about. Three days later I got a mate to come over and help and it turned out to be a piece of p!ss to get it upstairs. I wouldn't have minded doing it myself in the first place, but the fact I'd payed a premium for something they knew they wouldn't (not couldn't) do was waht upset me.

nonk
    Free Member

monkey1 and monkey2..nice.

scaredypants

KINGTUT – Member
    A bike?

<applause>

snowslave

I **** hate argos. They make the kitchen too hot in the summer

project
    Free Member

Monkey 3 and 4, story,

Working at a house on a new estate,fitting a lock,lorry turns up,Knocks on a door a few doors down and the lady gives him a key,and goes back in.

Next theyre opening the front door of the house next door,sharp intake of breathe and head and arse scratching.

Next they walk to their lorry with all the grace of neaderthal primates,lift a settee off the lorry and carry it to front door,one goes in and leans forward to lift settee,and the one outside lifts and then with a bit of a shove they have the settee jammed in the doorway,tight.

Lot of swearing etc,so i walk over and say can i take the door off for you,"No", say them,"not your house",so they decide to ram the settee into the house,suddenly theres a ripping noise and a crack as the arm comes away.

I decide its a good time to walk away.

Neighbour then comes out,and says "youve broken it and ripped the leather","dont worry" says the delivery monkies,phone up and youll get a new one,then she asks them to take the damaged one back,"sorry luv,we only do deliveries,not collections,thats another team"

And off they pootle back to their cave.

Coyote
    Free Member

Lol @ project. Realises it is probably true. Shakes head.

fubar
    Free Member

yep Argos 'reserve and collect'…waste of space (time /money)…make reservation, make special journey, pay for parking, enter store …reservation number not recognised, go home, complain….'sorry'…that doesn't help me does it (how about actually getting me the item I want!)…'sorry'… repeat…this has happened twice.

Flaperon

I work for a delivery company which delivers Argos stuff. I'd have never kicked up a fuss over a bed, but if I was by myself you'd be expected to help!

bruneep

My wife bought me a pasta machine from Argoose, when she came home I thought that the box was a bit big. It was a larger box that contained 4 pasta machines, called them up to tell them about the error and said that they can pick up the other 3. The manager said that they didn't want them back as it would cause to much hassle. 🙄

So I took them back one at a time saying that it was a present and I had one already and the gave me Argoose vouchers to the value of the machine.

nonk
    Free Member

flaperon why would he help when he has paid some monkeys to do it? 🙄

project
    Free Member

Got a call to go to a block of high rise flats,in a poorer area,of a large city,told to park around by the garages,luckily i knew the area and refused,a few days latter a lorry from currys was delivering to the same block and they where told to reverse around the same garages,they got attacked and the lorry nicked,full of expensive electrical stuff,delivery drivers dont always have an easy time.

Another time,old chap had new lino fitted in his kitchen,so the lino fitters carried his fridge and washing machine into the garden,and took his back door off,to fit the lino,strangely they forgot to put them back,got a call at 6.30pm from a neighbour,asking me to call round to rehang his door,it had been off since early morning,as he thought they would be coming back he hadnt rung them until 5.00pm and was told they had gone to the pub for their works do.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘how shonky are argos.’ is closed to new replies.