Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How reliable has your RP23 been?
  • zippykona

Propedal didn’t work when I bought it so had it fixed. It’s probably done less than 100 miles and the propedal has gone again. It seems a common occurrence. Paying £100 to get it fixed every year would mean it costs more than my car to maintain. Not impressed. Luckily I have a spare Monarch.

deviant
    Free Member

Had one on a Saracen Ariel, it was fine on everything I rode (Surrey hills, Cwmcarn, Eastridge gravity enduro etc) but I never used the pro pedal setting either so couldn’t tell you if it worked or not!

I’m off the opinion that if the shock is set up for you and the bike (make use of firms like TFtuned!) then you shouldn’t need lock-out options/pro pedal etc on shocks.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Not had any problems with mine, would be sending it back to whoever fixed it.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Mine works fine, 5 years now

Tracey

We have had three on different frames and not had a problem with any of them. If it was me I would be having a word and sending it back.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep my pro pedal is broke, but I’ve never felt the need to use it anyway

duir
    Free Member

2 x PUSH Tuned RP23’s, one 4 year old and the other 2. Never had the slightest issue with them, they just keep on trucking with the yearly service and occasional air can service. Never used the Pro pedal……..pointless.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Just what exactly are you expecting propedal to do?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Who “fixed” it?

zippykona

This has been the only shock I’ve had consistent trouble with. A quick scan of the web shows numerous examples of non working propedal on this model.
    It is a mega plush shock and thankfully not needed. I only bought it while I sorted out a warranty wrangle on my new frame. Once that was sorted the shock was retired in full working order.
    Thought I would try it on my latest acquisition but have found that flicking the switch no longer makes any difference.
    Maybe it’s just a runt shock.

darrell
    Free Member

have one on a blur xc thats 9 years old. still working grand

scaredypants

I have a RP23 – failed about 6months after getting the thing (aircan damaged and failing to retain seals properly

Mr Mojo ended up sorting it for me on warranty and it’s been fine* since (about 2yrs)

* I don’t actually know which way round the (3-way) switch works 😳 and it seems not to make much difference anyway. May be bust for all I know but the bike’s not bobby so, meh

kimbers

My old one (2009 ?) Went after a couple of years, fixed then went again a year later

singlespeedstu

Just what exactly are you expecting propedal to do?

I thought mine would make me pedal like a pro. I was so disgusted that it didn’t work that I replace it with something that didn’t promise to do something it could never do.
    Seroius answer.
    It never broke down but was a bit shit and didn’t suit the bike or me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Faultless mostly, had one of about 4 shocks fail once and now fixed.

And as for not needing propedal if it’s set right don’t agree, depending on what you are doing you want your shock to respond differently. Hence why I prefer CTD over on/off especially when racing.

Northwind

Mine have both been very good with just basic servicing- the current one did stop working properly, but it failed soft, I could keep on riding- it just didn’t damp right. Loco fixed it for me for not a lot of money too. Can’t say I’ve ever been unhappy with it

wrecker
    Free Member

no probs whatsoever with my non-kashima boost valve rp23. Been great since day 1.

rentachimp
    Free Member

Had mine 5 years, has cavitated 3 times. Cost me £100 first time but mono have fixed it for postage another 2ce. Every time I plan a nice big ride I’m always worried that it will go half way through and leave me with zero rebound Damping.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

‘A quick scan of the Internet’ will show problems with everything that’s ever been manufactured. You should view that information as what can go wrong, not how often it does.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How reliable has your RP23 been?’ is closed to new replies.