Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How RAD (TM) is your Pitch?
  • st

Just wondering how burly people have built their Pitch up?

Not "look at this picture of my stock Pitch with it's Pikes and triple chainring, it does everything I could ever want"

I've had Lyriks on mine but am now thinking of putting 66s on and using it solely for pointing down. It'll be a compromise bike but as I can't stretch to a DH bike right now it'll hopefully be a good start.

snakebite
    Free Member

Life is not about compromise. Sell one of the kids if need be, maybe even a kidney.

bol

I've put 150 u-turns an Slx double and bash and a gravity dropper on mine. Much more rad and it wouldn't do the sort of upward stuff I want it to. TBH at 150 I find it trips up more than at 140, so I'd only go longer for descending, as you say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

Still plenty rideable up hills but fairly burly.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Built mine up with RaceFace Evolve DH Stem and Bars, really feel solid when hitting the slopes. SLX drivetrain components, found them to be absolutely superb, like a cheaper Saint groupset.

Juicy 7's with 203's pretty much give you all the stopping power you'd ever need, and some Da Bomb rims which i think take up to about 2.5 tyres would definitely be a recommendation.

RP23 on the rear was an improvement over the standard too.

delusional
    Free Member

I haven't bothered changing the forks and shock on mine, I've gone to dual ring with 36/26 and have put a set of Hope Hoops with Flows on as I didn't fully trust the original wheels.

Other than than I've just done little tweaks, like putting some higher bars on for properly steep DH stuff. I've been really surprised at how little I've lost the chain without a chain guide (once or twice ever) and I found the Pikes to be fine all around. I've been tempted to put longer forks on a few times but I can't help but think it'll raise the bottom bracket a little too much and screw the handling, and I've not had any problems with the Pikes to justify the outlay.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Delusional – Completely agree with you there, i think the Pikes have been fantastic.

grumm
    Free Member

The Pikes were fine until the stanchions wore down horribly on mine, but the 36 Vans are in a different league. Does make climbing slightly more of a chore but if you are that bothered about climbing you've got the wrong bike. 😛

bill-oddie
    Free Member

my pitch is quite rad(tm) it's got domains. the cranks brakes and drivetrain(incl mech) are all slx. hope pro 2's on 719 wheels.

i didn't bother servicing my pikes for like 6 months and the same thing happened with the stantions. oops.

st. i rode mine DH for a bit and it was sweet for all the uk stuff, but i got a bit concerned about riding such a light frame so hard all the time and bought a DH bike instead. i'll probs change the domains to revelations or something a bit lighter when i get the chance.

oh yeah and my pitch has a few titanium bolts on it, so obviously as a result of this its about twice as fast as any non-titanium blinged out pitch.

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

Just to threadjack a little. I'm planning on doing the same thing as the OP, has anyone swapped out the air shock for a coil?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How RAD (TM) is your Pitch?’ is closed to new replies.