Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How quickly to do physio after a knee dislocation?
  • ahsat

Looks like I dislocated my knee again on Thursday doing a box jump at circuits. Did it before 7 years ago on my only ever go at skiing. Didn’t see anyone about it the first time (I was in Yosemite with work people and though insured seemed a hug hassle). Long story, but basically not getting treatment for a long time, plus a minor chip, ment it took 6 months to recover.

So lesson learnt I went to minor injuries on Thursday. Bone not broken, knee cap back in place. Badly swollen on Friday and sore but by yesterday I can move around without the split or crutches and as long as I don’t twist it, it feels pretty good. Biggest problem is in the right of the knee and top of the calf, but I’m not having to take pain killers any more.

Waiting for an appointment at the main hospital as a follow up, and I assume to get NHS physio lined up as I am pretty sure I haven’t chipped it like last time. This could take 2 weeks looking at the paperwork. I could afford to go to a private physio I have used before whilst waiting if it means I can speed the recovery up.

Anyone any experience to know I am doing this too quickly or wait for the hospital apt first!?

shermer75
    Free Member

Sounds like the swelling has gone down enough for a physio visit to be worthwile. However be prepared to get assessed twice, once by each physio. Seeing two concurrently is never such a great idea but seeing a private one now to get you moving and loading the joint safely will certainly help you on your way! 🙂

ahsat

Seeing two concurrently is never such a great idea

Aye was mussing on that. Thinking that because I’m not even yet in the NHS system I might try and get the ball rolling. Waiting for a physio to call me back to chat it through.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How quickly to do physio after a knee dislocation?’ is closed to new replies.