Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How quickly can I knock off from work today…….?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Anyone else got a job that involves speaking to people in Europe? There is absolutely not a bugger anywhere today apart from us, our office is almost empty here and the SUN IS SHINING!

surfer
    Free Member

Ahem…. work from home?……cough

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Our office is strangly empty as well.

Has pig flu struck in a ’28 Days later’ fashion overnight?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Must. resist. masturbation. jokes.

I wouldn’t risk it, had a similar situation last friday and at 3pm when I was thinking about bailing out, boss rings from London on desk phone, not mobile – I’d have been busted.

mcboo
    Free Member

Boss#1 showed up at 0830, read his paper, “gone out for a bit”
    Boss#2 just arrived……not wearing socks. A good sign methinks.

Wonder if I can be back on my fixie by 1400…..

ourkidsam
    Free Member

“not wearing socks” – what are you reading from that?!

surfer
    Free Member

Holiday mode, clearly!

mcboo
    Free Member

Gucci loafers, no socks, pink shirt, chinos……not its not a look i’d go for myself but I reckon the fella is half way out the door already.

Boss#1 just came back….sitting at his desk reading the Telegraph. i’m seeing reasons for optimism. may have to move my target up to 1330.

Joxster
    Free Member

Divert your office phone to your mobile and go riding 😀

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Im lucky as I agreed to help out with a camping trip that the kids at the school I work for are going on to Exmoor this weekend so got into work late ‘packing car’, casual clothes ‘cos Im going camping’, heading off after lunch!!

Oh and bike is packed for cheeky early morning ride on Exmoor this weekend!!

samuri
    Free Member

Anyone else got a job that involves speaking to people in Europe

Yep all the time. 😉 For us we have lots of people in India and the states that I talk to. Indian guys come in early and the states guys come in late so I invariably end up having to work early for the former and late for the latter. The worst bit comes when I have to make changes on equipment based in America so it has to be done their evening time which means logging on at 3-4 in the morning.

SO STOP COMPLAINING! 😉

grynch
    Free Member

mrs. and I are off to a foreign country tomorrow at 7.am ( ok two countries.. England THEN Cornwall 🙂 ) so I’m hoping to knock off about 4 pm today.

Drac

Finish work early wtf is that?

ourmaninthenorth

I shall be *working* from home this afternoon.

Actually, I could do with some quiet time to do some drafting….

(And, thankfully, the Yerpeans* aren’t bothering me today.)

*(c) PaddedRudeFredBraDibnahBoy

peachos
    Free Member

NHS admin. 4pm on the dot 😀

jojoA1
    Free Member

Highly unlikely, every bugg*r under the sun realising we’re not in on Monday and phoning in trying to request and sort out care packages to start this afternoon. ‘Avin a laugh are they? YOu can’t get stuff sorted on a normal Friday afternoon, never mind a Friday before a bank holiday Monday.

Joxster
    Free Member

samuri

The worst bit comes when I have to make changes on equipment based in America so it has to be done their evening time which means logging on at 3-4 in the morning.

SO STOP COMPLAINING! [;-)]

Been there, Done that and chucked in the towel

(retired Sys Admin, Oracle DBA) now a Project Manager on the side while I make chocolates. I’ve just made some Brandy, Cointreau and Lime Truffles with a hint of fresh mint.

flatback
    Free Member

as i have a bad back and am on light duties,called in to work at 8 left at 10.30 cos no more light duties was left to do.

but here is the bad news not allowed to ride the bike so i am watchng last nights nba basketball playoffs on the net.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

uni day – lecture finished at 11:15 – so did I

Only downside I’ll spend most of the weekend working on assignments

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

3:30, although not realy looking foreward to the weekend, cant ride (nothing new there), and have grown bored of filling the time i would usualy spend riding with beer.

mcboo
    Free Member

Result!

Mrs landed a new job this morning after 7yrs producing and caring for my kids. Met her for lunch at 1230, just got back to find the boss’s are closing the office right now!

Punch out at 1450…….i’m going to buy some shorts. Have a loverly weekend all. A good day.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Nice boss has just said we can knock off at 1600 – not going to argue 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How quickly can I knock off from work today…….?’ is closed to new replies.