Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?
  • Northwind

I’m just doing the last stages of ordering- sorted a colour with steve the anodiser, sent a shock off to loco, just got to design me some stickers. Officially it’s not a new bike but I think it’ll only share the shock, pivot axle, rear dropout, top cap and stem with its last incarnation so that’s probably pushing the definition a wee bit.

nick1962
    Free Member

Either I’m doing it wrong of just a lot less fussy.Walked into a localish LBS on Saturday and enquired if they had any aluminium frames suitable for a 120mm fork and 26in wheels.5 minutes later I had a choice of two before me.Another agonising 5 minutes of indecision and I plumped for the white one.Immediate gratification mmmm 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just ordered a Santa Cruz Highball frame at the start of the week.
    Apparently the importers don’t keep stock of them at all so it’s on order from the States. Apparently it’ll be 4-6 weeks but I’m not sure whether or not I believe them!

cheers_drive

I waited 6 months for this to begin with when I was researching and buying components it wasn’t too bad. Towards the end I was pulling my hair out and was also changing my mind about the colour scheme daily. It was delayed by a few days more at the end as Guy’s speed record kept them so busy. Was worth the wait though 😀
    Edit: bloody flickr app

MSP

I ordered a highball frame in January, was going to cancel my order last week, until I found out they had a black one in stock rather than the red I had ordered, so changed to black, and just checked the tracking, it is now in the main local depot. Please let it be here tomorrow.

tomhoward

My 650b nomad is at stif now, waiting to be built….

curiousyellow
    Free Member

YT Capra. Probably next year at this rate.

Canyon Ultimate CF. Probably the same.

chaos

With any luck I’ll find out what all the fuss about Cotic Souls is tomorrow, courtesy of this forum’s velocipede who has sent one down South for a new life. Am getting a little excited 🙂

TheDTs
    Free Member

Also looking forward to a Cotic Soul from a spur of the moment ebay purchase. Arriving on Friday, hopefully.

bedmaker

I’m chomping at the bit for my custom 853 fatbike frame. It’s only been in the offing since November though…

Also keeping an eye out for the On one Parkwood

anysize
    Free Member

Stone me, some of you guys are patient. Rule one. If it ain’t in stock it don’t get ordered.

womp
    Free Member

Canyon CF SLX Di2

Should be here on Monday 🙂

poonprice
    Free Member

I’m currently waiting on a large ship to bring me all my belongings, including my bike to Australia. Its painful living off a suitcase full of stuff. 1 month down and many weeks to go 🙁

bearnecessities

I’m waiting for some venetian blinds to arrive, before the owners of the house at the back of me, call the police.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hora, road bike or new mountain bike?

hot_fiat

Planetx pro carbon, ordered this evening. 21days lead time plus 6 days to get the vouchers from work. Not sure how to hide it or if it’ll turn up before the wedding.

cheers_drive

At home now so can repost with photo:

I waited 6 months for this [url=https://flic.kr/p/j614dd]Untitled[/url] by Cheers Drive, on Flickr to begin with when I was researching and buying components it wasn’t too bad. Towards the end I was pulling my hair out and was also changing my mind about the colour scheme daily. It was delayed by a few days more at the end as Guy’s speed record kept them so busy. Was worth the wait though 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

Wierdley enough waiting to start my new job so I can start the order process on a giant tcx slr2

Haze

Cervelo R3 (frameset only), no-one seems all that certain when they’re arriving.

Gives me a little more time to get the rest of the cash together…

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I’m waiting for someone to buy my Cotic Hemlock frame and shock so I can look forward to waiting for the HT frame that is going to replace it to be delivered.

Check out my post in the “for sale” section if you’d like to shorten my waiting time

Sancho
    Free Member

my Spicy team frame has just arrived at Hotlines 🙂

timidwheeler

I’m waiting for my Nerve to come back from Canyon after a warranty return. It’s been gone more than 5 weeks and I’m really missing it.

jet26
    Free Member

How’s he Rourke cheers drive? Looks lovely. Thinking about one in a year or two.

sam_underhill

I’m just waiting for hubs so I can get my wheels built. The rest of the bike is ready to go. It’s soooooooo painful waiting.

wwaswas

Waiting for a Singular Puffin Frame … should be soon hopefully

+1

[although I got a slightly curt response from Sam last time I mentioned my desire to see a Puffin frame in the flesh ‘soon’ so I’ll add the comment now that I fully understand the reason that I haven’t got the frame yet, appreciate he’s done all he could or should have done to get it to me before now and that backing kickstarter is not ‘ordering a frame’]

MSP

I would say an established bike company, taking pre-orders for a frame which is new to their product line, isn’t really in the spirit of kickstarter, and actually bloody well is ordering a frame.

wwaswas

Although, to be fair to him, most firms take pre-orders when stuff is ready to ship from the manufacturer (so they get some cash flow to pay the invoice they’ve just received) not before it’s even ordered from the factory.

MSP

So he has shifted the pre-order to an earlier stage, anyway you slice it, it is a shrewed business move, but it is treating customers with disrespect, especially to turn round later and pretend it isn’t a pre-order.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Painfull ? What is painfull about it?

I just realised that I bought my Carbon Nomad last March (2013) after already waiting some months for a Cotic Rocket!

If you had waited a bit longer they might have done a carbon rocket!!

mudplugga
    Free Member

Waiting for delivery of an One One Lurcher 29er Carbon to replace my old Gary Fisher Marlin Singlespeed. Got an ‘Order dispatched’ email this morning Woop!!

wwaswas

MSP, I think I’ll bow out and stick with the caveat on my original post.

I’m comfortable with the situation and don’t feel aggrieved – I just want to get a bike that I’m keen to ride out in the woods so I’m excited.

If you’re feeling irate on my behalf please don’t.

If you backed the kickstarter and are unhappy with where it is then I’d take it up directly with Sam.

Gotama
    Free Member

Jones Spaceframe and the wait is very painful, especially since I have a brand new wheel to go on it staring at me every time I go into the shed.

nuke

I’m waiting for a Rocket 27.5 with ‘Optimised For Inline geometry’ (As seen on the new Soul 27.5)…I may be waiting a while but I’m staying confident it’ll happen 😀

In the mean time, a Banshee Spitfire will suffice…sold out now so awaiting 2015 stock due in August

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Ordered towards the end of April and due mid-end June.

swavis

I’m also patiently waiting for my Puffin. Luckily I already have a Muk so haven’t been without a fattie 😀

plus-one

That’s a pimp ass looking canyon !!! 🙂

lowey

Once I have decided on something (although that can take months) I always NEED it immediately.

I was dead lucky that my new bike was practically the only one in stock (and the last one) so got it within 1 week of ordering. I’d have been a nightmare if I was waiting weeks or months.

hora
    Free Member

Would love to see a Cotic Rocket rides. Every so often I’ll see a bloke out on his in the Peaks. Its not Cy? Last seen going up the slabs at ladybower.

MSP

Well according to the tracking, mine has been signed for by the neighbor. He better be in when I get home from work or we will be falling out.

MSP, I think I’ll bow out and stick with the caveat on my original post

Well if you are happy to apologies to the business giving you bad service, for the bad service they are providing, there isn’t much more can be said.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

That’s a pimp ass looking canyon !!!

Indeed it is…my preference would have been raw or black, but this is the spec I wanted and it’s the only one in their whole range that they don’t do in an alternative colour option! I’m coming ’round to it though 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?’ is closed to new replies.