Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 183 total)
  • How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?
  • hora
    Free Member

The days seem like weeks don’t they? Argh the pain.

What are you waiting on?

Bregante

I’m waiting on you to sell* the road bike which you haven’t yet received.

Should be just my size.

*am away first two weeks in August if you could keep hold of it til I’m back.

Ta

wwaswas

there’s a Patriot with the wrong length shock I’ve got my eye on.

binners

I’m still waiting for my delivery of flash grenades

MrSmith
    Free Member

Chesini Prima, oversize Columbus spirit road frame, custom geometry, black, battleship grey and powder blue colour scheme, yet to decide on Sram RED/Force or dura-ace/ultegra. Deda finishing kit, arione saddle and either easton road tubeless or my DT240’s built onto some wide rims.
    Ordered last week, ETA 6-8 weeks.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a Chromag Samurai65.

Actually, it’s fine. I have a perfectly good bike that I’m happily riding. I’ve got quite a few bits and pieces I’m busy selling, and I’m spending some time and energy specc’ing the new build. So patience is coming fairly easy.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

Ooo that is nice

cultsdave
    Free Member

My bike arrived on Friday after placing an order for it back in December 🙂
    4 months of waiting!

racefaceec90

not a bike (sorry) BUT am VERY excited as i’m being given a guitar by a guitar maker (for free as well 😀

it’s a bit unusual to say the least (well for me anyhoo).

cannot wait to get it and a huge thank you to jookychap for his kindness 😀

gonzy
    Free Member

had to wait 3 weeks for the cyclescheme documents to arrive, the bike arrived within 2 days of ordering at the LBS so i was able to collect it 2 weeks ago….now waiting for the newborn which is a different kettle of fish….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had to wait an agonising week for my R5ca to be fettled by the shop I bought it from, t’was the longest I’ve had to wait since back in the day when waiting for my Klein Attitude..

I hate waiting, I’m an impatient sod. 🙄

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m waiting on some cranks, so I can ride my bike without it making a horrific creaking noise. I’m also waiting for this cold to piss off so I can do anything without feeling like death.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

Waiting on a canyon ultimate slx cf road frame .
    only another 12 days hopefully 🙂

prawny

I’m waiting on someone to buy my current road and mountain bikes so I can re-invest in a new mountain bike. It’s killing me and I’ve on put it up yesterday 👿 😆

stevious

Also waiting on a Canyon Ultimate SLX. Been waiting since late March, due in a couple of weeks. WANT IT NOW.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

No longer waiting…. it’s here and build is well underway.
    Liteville 301 MK11.2 8)
    Pike
    Syntace w35 wheelset
    150mm stealth reverb
    Getting that tingly feeling already 😀

sssimon
    Free Member

my new bike arrived in 2 days, but the parts I want to change are taking an age to arrive (forks in customs for 3 days, wheels still attached to bike that’s at a friends inlaws……..who are on holidays)

at least it’s raining!

wwaswas

I love my Liteville Ecky-Thump 🙂

I’ve got a Mk10 – what makes the Mk11.2 the .2?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

not much. they’ve dropped the ISCG mounts

nosaintangel
    Free Member

frameset or full bike ?(stevious)getting mine in stealth and stripping my scott cri pro of its sram red groupset to go on it. getting very exited now.

wwaswas

they’ve dropped the ISCG mounts

‘cos everyone goes 1x with thick/thin rings now?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

they’ve dropped the ISCG mounts

‘cos everyone goes 1x with thick/thin rings now?

Presumably. Everyone except me that is. 2×10 double and bash for me. There’s some big hills round here and I don’t have the legs for 1×10.

[edit] they were pretty much redundant when used with their proprietary chainstay mounted chainguide. It’s very good. [/edit]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No Cotic Rockets mentioned yet?….

wwaswas

yes, I’ve got one of those chainstay things and am running 1×9 (so no clutch mech) and have lost the chain a couple of times – was thinking of fitting a top guide tbh!

PiknMix
    Free Member

I only need a gear inner and outer to finish my build, my birthday cheques don’t clear until next Monday, gosh it’s going to be a painful wait. I’ve been without a mtb since September 🙁

coogan
    Free Member

Pivot Mach 6. Ordered the frame 3 months ago. On it’s way now though as far as I know. Worth the wait!

ratherbeintobago

Salsa El Mar in M, due in the UK at the end of next week (Ison had run out of stock by the time I actually ordered a month ago; frame having to be shipped in from the States…)

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve been seriously thinking about one of these:

Currently a 12 month wait for them. 😯

Then again, it’s been reported that the wait time for a Ricky Feather is about 18 months.

Bregante

That is lovely. Not sure whether I’d ride that or hang it on my living room wall.

wwaswas

I don’t think I’d maintain my enthusiasm for a year to 18 months waiting.

I suspect I’m not the right person for a ‘bike for life’.

frood
    Free Member

waiting for my pre-ordered codeine 🙂 I believe the build date is the 19th… excited much! Getting the CCDB Air set up in time fore the EWS might be more of a challenge though :/

stevious

nosaintangel – Full bike. Just the basic Ultegra mechanical build but it’s still floating somewhere about the legal weight limit with that. Given the spec of my current road bike I’m expecting it to be quite a change!

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Ordered my frame in September!
    Apparently its due to land in the UK on the 22nd of this month.
    Seeing is believing!

nosaintangel
    Free Member

stevious- toyed with the idea of getting the same .but love the sram red hoping to go just under 14 lb .nothing but good feedback on them though
    enjoy.

tangoman19
    Free Member

I had pre-ordered one of the new Cotic Rockets… The first delay hurt but was alright, I was still excited. Sadly, when the second one came the other week, the parts were ready to be built onto it and I couldn’t wait any longer for a new bike so got a cracking deal on a Covert Carbon. After its first proper ride around the Ladybower loop yesterday I no longer feel upset about the delay.

colournoise

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    No Cotic Rockets mentioned yet?….

Just beaten to it by tangoman, but I’m still keeping the faith (either that or I’m just to stubborn for my own good – had ALL the parts ready to hang off it since August last year).

LoCo
    Free Member

Waiting for parts to build my 29er race bike, need to getr it done and bedded in for the FOD enduro weekend after next 👿

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a Niner RIP 9.

trout
    Free Member

Waiting for a Singular Puffin Frame since February
    should be soon hopefully

nowthen
    Free Member

I just realised that I bought my Carbon Nomad last March (2013) after already waiting some months for a Cotic Rocket!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?’ is closed to new replies.