Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • How old were you when you had your first kid?
  • restless
    Free Member

I was 21 and at uni

Me too.
    Then I had my second at 26, third at 33 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

25,26,35 im 48 now and the youngest is 12

Sandwich

30 and 32, son was 2 days after my birthday!

Midlifecrashes in 3 years the oldest will comfortably outpace you uphill, you may be able to descend quicker and outrun him/her on the flat though.

LimboJimbo

34 for me, Mrs LJ was 31. We are both still that age as it was only 12 weeks ago. I can’t imagine doing all this ten years ago TBH. Actually, I can’t imagine doing all this with the person I was with ten years ago!

jonke
    Free Member

31 for my first. She’s 6 now.

Numbers 2+3 due in October. Yep. Twins.

Help!

joemarshall
    Free Member

31, she’s 2 now, and absolutely loves riding her bike down to the park whilst I run behind to keep up, and going in the bike trailer, so I’m enjoying pretty much daily bike rides at the moment.

Joe

carlosg
    Free Member

mrcarlos and me were both 34 when our first son was born and 41 when our second arrived last year , we had intended having them closer together but mother nature stepped in a couple of times and put a stop to proceedings.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

33 when my son was born, 35 when my daughter was born.
    My best work 😆

bigbloke
    Free Member

31 first born 32 second then 40 with third.

steviedog
    Free Member

I was 21 when our first arrived and the mrs 18, our second 2 years later.

Nearly 27 years later we are enjoying the grand kids while we have some life left in us.

Looking back we think we did it right.

simonm
    Free Member

Its funny how the people who had kids young and are now 40 feel old, and the ones just having kids at 40 feel young (if not a bit tired) 😉

crankboy
    Free Member

45 when crankbrat emerged he is now 10 months and I’m 46 . My wife is 37 now .

crankboy
    Free Member

Simonm has it right . I know crankbrat has come later in my life than is normal but I feel ready to relax and enjoy time with him.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

I was 30 and my twins are now 18 months old. A boy and a girl.

Think I’m done

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

had my first at 26 bit of a surprise then gained a stepson at 30 and just had my youngest at 38 iam 40 now and he’s 2 and he make me feel really really young.

GW
    Free Member

Having kids ranging in age from 2 to 21 I feel qualified to say it’s not always that way Simon. I feel my age, always have.

bramblerash
    Free Member

twins when i was 20 😯

freeagent
    Free Member

34 when the fist one arrived, and 37 when the second one turned up…
    (I’m 39 now – wife is 2.5 years younger)
    We both wish we’d had them a bit earlier – not a lot, maybe 3-5 years.

Won’t be having anymore due to ‘complications’ with the birth of our second daughter.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

30 for Offspring 1 (female) – currently located in Kalahari Desert with those f***ing meerkats (no, they don’t speak, let alone with a russian accent).
    32 for Offspring 2 (female) – currently located at home (still) despite being in a well paid retail management job.
    35 for Offspring 3 (male) – currently located at Uni,180 miles away, learning how to colour in (Graphic design). About to relocate home – bye, bye fridge and pantry contents!

ask1974
    Free Member

First when I was 32 (boy)
    Second when I was 34 (girl)

38 now and my wife is four years older…

steve_b77
    Free Member

We had our first (possibly only one) 9.5 weeks ago, I was 34 and the missus 29.

We’d been trying for a good 18 months before hand though.

He’s awesum btw

maxlite
    Free Member

40…last on was when I was 48 🙂

I’m now 63 and was out riding with my 18 yr old son and his mates on trails yesterday……so its not all bad!

….although they did leave me for dead on climbs

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

29 & 33, 2nd is now coming up to 5 months. Mrs same age. No more planned for us

ski
    Free Member

34 + 36, but we had been trying for quite a few years.

We both wish we’d had them a bit earlier – not a lot, maybe 3-5 years.

Same her, but maybe 7-10 years earlier.

mooman
    Free Member

simonm – Member
    Its funny how the people who had kids young and are now 40 feel old, and the ones just having kids at 40 feel young (if not a bit tired)

Its not so much feeling old now – more of feeling its too old to start a family in your 40 `s 😕
    It was financially difficult having our two so young for a good few years.
    But now both kids are at uni and I feel practically in my prime and can make the most of all my free time.
    I certainly do not envy people having kids in their 40 `s ..

RAPID-RIDER
    Free Member

I was 35 almost 36 when our twin boys arrived. Mrs RR was 30. Disscussion about going again are on going :-)They will be 3 on Saturday!

therealhoops
    Free Member

32 for the first and 34 for the last

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘How old were you when you had your first kid?’ is closed to new replies.