Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • How old were you when you had your first kid?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Had our one and only when I was 27, wife was 29. 38 now and enjoying all the spare time I’ve got.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Just turned 24 for my first – she’s now 14 😯 – my youngest is 11 (both girls)

Quite amusing over the last few years as a lot of my friends are just having their first.

If I play this smart I could make a fortune hiring out babysitters 😀

tomtomthepipersson

34 here. Wish I’d done it a few years earlier.

ocrider

I was 29 (once!)

hughjayteens
    Free Member

27, 30 and 34 (8 weeks ago!). It gets exponentially easier I find and although I think we’re happy with three, the prospect of another is quite appealing even at this stage!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

42 here (my wife is 9 years younger than me though).

When I was younger I didn’t want kids (didn’t think I was mature enough) but I do wish I had them a little earlier now (perhaps about 35).

TuckerUK
    Free Member

My wife’s mate actually told us we were being cruel to our child by not offering him a Sibling to play with which I found rather odd.

We wished we’d had another to keep our youngest company. He wished he had a sibling closer to his age too, instead of two that have already left home.

geoffj

32 for the first and 34 for the second – and I thought that was getting on a bit.

mamadirt
    Free Member

It was when the second one came along that my riding opportunities nigh on dried up.

Still don’t understand – maybe it’s different for a woman – riding ops give Dad an opportunity to spend time with the kids. I started mtbing a week after the birth of my third son, 20 years ago . . . am I a bad mother? 😳

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

36 and Mrs FD has no plans to have another.

Some times I wish I had had kids younger, as sleep deprevation etc is easier to cope with when your younger, but then I had a fantastic selfish time in my 20’s and early 30’s and wouldnt change that for anything.

Mike_D
    Free Member

32 and 35, although it would have been earlier if all had gone according to plan 😉

cheshirecat
    Free Member

29 and 31 here – wife is a similar age (actually 3 months younger, as she likes to remind me). A couple of years earlier would have been nice, but not important. Compared to our friends, this is pretty young to be breeding.

Now 11 and 12, and the boy is coming out with me occasionally.

DrP

27 for me and the fine lady……
    Lots of friends/colleagues have waited until 40s, but my mission is to be faster than them on the bike for as long as I can, then ‘retire’.

DrP

blair2012
    Free Member

30 is the perfect age for me to have a baby.
    I am only 24 now,you know,it’s too early.

butcher

18. Do I win a prize?

monkeyboyjc

26 for me….

chiefinspector
    Free Member

20, 22 & 24 with the ex, 35 with the new wife and i’m now 36. She want’s another one but i’m not so sure. Might have to chop the thing off 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

18. Do I win a prize?

Yes, when you’re 36 (they leave, hopefully)

cinnamon_girl

Late 20’s for the first and another 2 years later. Bit young really.

cb

36 and 39 – I’ve been knackered ever since…

Elmo
    Free Member

My first in November i’ll be 34.5!
    Mrs had a 5 year old girl when we met, shes now 10.

I think 1 is enough for me. I’ll then have one of each by default!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Personally I’m amazed to see the number of blokes with significantly younger other halves.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Personally I’m amazed to see the number of blokes with significantly younger other halves.

Why? It’s well known that throughout history men have enjoyed younger partners for what they bring to the party, and ladies have enjoyed older partners for their contribution. No doubt some Freudian reasoning too.

stevego
    Free Member

I was 32, wife was 39. She had a misscarrage at 3 months, a month later was pregnant again, this time all went well. 15 months after the first, the seccond was born. Two was definately enough for us.They are great kids, but it was a hard couple of years at the start.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I was 22 , 24 and 44 the last one is just a year old with my younger missus, the other two ( with ex wife)So your never too old
    Also about only children, never did me or the missus any harm not having any siblings , there are pro’s and con’s for only children and big families

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 48 and my wife wants our first kid.

My Dad was 50 when he had me, his first, and then 57 when he had his second. My mum was 25 years younger.

My Dad had to have an operation on his bladder in his late 40s – they told him he would never have kids after the op, and then I came along. Then he had a vasectomy, and then my sister came along.

mossimus
    Free Member

Had the first 3 months ago at age 43, missus is 33.

Bit of a pattern emerging here on the age differences.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I was 21

epicsteve
    Free Member

First at 23, 2nd at 27 – wife is 2 years older than me.

I’m currently 44 and definitely wouldn’t want to be having any more kids now!

GW
    Free Member

20 here (the mother was 19).

Only one teenage dad so far? can’t say I’m all that surprised on here TBH, “quite a lot” of people waiting until later in life to have kids is a class thing.

midlifecrashes

31 for me, 29 for mrsmidlife. Had planned to be a couple of years earlier but a couple of miscarriages got us off to a worrying start. Kids now 15, 12 and 10. I did(do) the stay at home dad thing and have loved it. Biking and other social life opportunities improving now eldest can babysit, but dad’s taxi duties a time consuming PITA. Can still outrun and outbike them all, wonder how long for?

mooman
    Free Member

20yrs old for child number 1
    21yrs old for child number 2

I am 41yrs old now. Way too old to be thinking babies!

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

28 for the first and 30 for the second. I’m now 47 and although they arrived a little earlier than I would have originally liked I feel they happened at pretty much the perfect time. Wouldn’t change it at all. Would shudder at the thought of having to plunge back into the whole baby thing now.

Nice thing about having had the kids while I was still relatively young I am still (ahem) youthful and active enough to do fun and exciting things with them and for all of us to appreiate it.

mountainman

23 first son ,mrs was 20
    27 no2 ,
    35 no3 a late surprise followed by the snip!

dannyh
    Free Member

30 when our daughter arrived, 33 when our son was born.

Even beforehand, I was pretty sure I was ‘ready’. There were one or two ‘speeding truck’ moments before each of them arrived, but on balance, I feel like I’ve done it at the right time. The missus is three years older than me, so she felt that the biological clock ticking was getting a bit loud!

Wouldn’t change a thing – but second time around, it’s amazing how much you forget – apparently our daughter’s cot was in the corner of her room (where our son’s now is) for the first six months of her being in that room. I have no recollection of this at all.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

22… 😳

matt_outandabout

26, 27 and 29.

rOcKeTdOg

45 and counting…

squiff
    Free Member

I was 21 and at uni, Hard at first but everything has worked out great, hes 15 now and getting into mountain biking even through hes a typical teen, hopefully hes coming to Mountain mayhem with me this year.

br
    Free Member

29, 30 and 33 for my three – with my eldest now 18.

A friend, same age, has just got a baby son and anothers’ wife is due soon – I cannot imagine having kids at my age…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘How old were you when you had your first kid?’ is closed to new replies.