Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • How old were you when you first tried houmous…
  • redmex
    Free Member

In Fife you ask for chorizo or jalapenos and say it how it is meant to be said ie Spanish you get strange looks no we dont stock that never heard of it
    Angel delight or shippams meat paste and sunny delighty to wash it down

binners

most folk just use pitta bread.

Pitta bread does have its uses, but its nowt to do with humous.

Chilli sauce……?

kayak23

Just tried a festive Houmous. Chestnut with a cranberry topping. Was quite nice and it was my first time trying that particular flavour.

True story.

Drac

First had it with my first posh girlfriend, age 15.

I hope that wasn’t recently.

I’ve stuck a breadstick in something strange at Buffett’s so perhaps I have

😯

globalti
    Free Member

*cough* My then GF and I actually MADE humous at Uni, so I would have been about 20 I guess. I spent my third year in Spain and France and in the latter I first tasted couscous, when my Iranian friends gave me some. Yum yum.

I can remember my first ever curry, it was an Indian just off Osborne Road in Jesmond so I would have been about 15.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Eat it pretty much every day. I eat Aldi Moroccan stuff straight out of the container.

gordimhor

I tried it when I was a student but I didn’t inhale.

Esme
    Free Member

Houmous? It’s just like Mushy Peas, but made from chickpeas, instead of marrowfat.

Bregante

I can remember how old and where I was.

I was 20 and I was in the BBC canteen at television centre. We had a whole Greek mezze thing with olives and pitta and taramasalata – none of which I’d ever tried before.

Clive James was there too but I’ve no idea what he was eating.

binners

Esme – that kind of talk will have you stripped of your northerner status ! 😉

giantalkali
    Free Member

Exeter 2017

I asked for fennel in sainsburies. ‘Feno?’ Said the dude. ‘Fennel’ I reiterated, ‘it looks a bit like an onion’. He asked his colleague for help. ‘Feno?’ said the colleague. ‘Yes, it looks like an onion’

No fennel was purchased that day.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

To answer the OP’s question, I’m guessing around 9 or 10 in Northern Cyprus.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘How old were you when you first tried houmous…’ is closed to new replies.