Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How old is this Rockhopper?
  • mieszko
    Free Member

Got it yesterday for a friend who wants to get back into cycling and needs something to ride before he'll bring his road bike over (and loose some weight :-)). Came across this bike and it is in very good condition for age. No idea on the age though. It came with some period parts, it was running a rear STX rear mech (but now a newer Alivio), Grip Shift 400 shifters(but the bike has stx shifters on it atm), frame is butted crmo and it originally came with a rigid fork. It has a Manitou Spyder on it as well (even got the original box), fork work actually very good, but they are older than 1999 for sure.

Any idea on what year is it? I tried Bikepedia but there are no pictures on there for older bikes. I'll have to service the bike and get some bits and bobs for it but should be a very nice bike once finished. Spent most of it's life in the guys garage but never really ridden as he was more into cars now (he had a Impreza and a Celica on his drive) absolutely no rust anywhere. The bike is an absolute beauty 🙂

Sometimes Picasa plays up with displaying pics so here is a LINKY

momo

Looks like '97ish. I had a '97 comp fs and the graphics anf rame shape look similar.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

It's a 1995 in team red.

Andyhilton
    Free Member
    mieszko
    Free Member

Thanks guys 🙂

mieszko
    Free Member

I had a look in the catalogues and the 1995 seems similar but the one I got has a threadless headset and the original fork is also 1.1/8" along with the original stem. The one from 1995 seems to have threaded headset and only the Comp A1 FS fits the bill. Anyway it's nicely vintage and looks very nice 🙂

I'll post a pic once it's up and running in a week or two.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Having looked further it looks more like a 96. I also has a 97 comp fs in silver (my friend still uses it as a commuter)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How old is this Rockhopper?’ is closed to new replies.