• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sv.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How old are these?
  • sv

They are Dual Air – not sure of age, anybody help? Model etc? Set at 80/85mm travel at the mo.

foxyrider
    Free Member

? RockShox Reba Team Air U-Turn 2005

Linky

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yep, 2005.

sv

Thanks – '05 they are then. Service required I would imagine 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

Maybe service them yourself if you can get the bits unless you need new bushings?

sv

Yeah just read the bushing service guide – mmm as you say unless I need new bushings!

Seals £30 and £24 for the service kit – worth doing I suppose for £54 plus a bit of oil. I am not based on the mainland and to return the forks from TFT its £26 to start with!!!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The year is usually cast into the crown somewhere 05 = 2005 etc …

sv

Must have a closer look at them! Got them at lunchtime and they have been in the footwell of the car since.

stumpy01

I wouldn't do the seals unless they need it.
    I tried to replace mine in my old forks (Judys) and didn't have anything to press them in with. A mate & I managed to cobble something together, but even then with a lot of pushing, we only got them in about 2/3 of the way. They stayed in, but didn't look pretty. Replaced the forks a couple of months later.

They were about 6/7 yrs old and it was there first service – the foam rings were in quite poor shape, but the seals were fine – with hindsight I didn't really need to replace them.

We serviced a set of Rev 426 coil U-turns last night & my 08 Reba Air u-turns. Pretty straightforward if you follow the tech manual.
    I bought a service kit from TFT but everything looked like new so I didn't use it – I will save it for the next service, I think.
    Get your oil from a motorbike shop – it's cheaper, although saying that Chain Reaction do some SVI stuff at a decent price.

Only other tip would be to buy some decent circlip pliers. Mine are rubbish & kept bending, have lots of rags/cloth/tissue handy & copious amounts of IPA/degreaser to clean everything thoroughly with.

sv

Thanks stumpy, sounds like a plan – bit of a clean and then onto the winter hardtail it is then. Will do the 'service' when necessary!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How old are these?’ is closed to new replies.