Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • How often should you see a new person at the start of a relationship?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Well, I will assert tonight and tell the chap its all a bit much and he needs to look elsewhere!

Hora, what a kind offer, but your advice on here seems very adequate 🙂

Irish_AL
    Free Member

I have the opposite problem can only squeeze dating in every other weekend if I am lucky…..which most likely explains why I am single lol but this guy does sound a little full on. You could try putting him on a bike see how he copes with that(a couple of black runs somehwere ) and make an informed choice from there 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Midnighthour nay problem 🙂

I have a few friends who are female and single. Bloody good girls. I do wonder why men can be soo bad/inept/idiots/crap. One of them went on match.com (I imagined it was full of bunny boilers etc) but it seems its also full of fantasists, people who cant form relationships, odd blokes and liers looking for a leg over.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thejesmonddingo

Midnighthour,do you want this date?If you like this man,or what you know of him,then you could set your own ground rules,if he won't accept them,then move on,if he does you never know,it may be a goer.That way you maintain your independence and control.BTW I agree with sfb,perhaps you need a more active social life generally?
    Ian

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Yes, I do need a bigger social group – tried to widen my horizons in the last year or 18 months by going to more events and suchlike and have intead gained no ongoing new friends and 3 older ones have drifted off 🙁

As I said, not exactly a social catch myself 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

Midnighthour this guy sounds a little odd with his expectations but instead of just bailing out and taking the easy option and not see him again why not just tell him what you are thinking and why, theres no right or wrong answers, just be yourself and have fun with it. Call it a training exercise 🙂
    Tell him to back off if needed and see what happens, he might just be a bit dense in the dating department and be ok or one of those guys that needs to manipulate everything around them. Find out and learn from it for your next dating encounter, you will have more confidence that way.

hora
    Free Member

As I said, not exactly a social catch myself

Neither am I. doesnt mean you have to lower your social standards though for misfits like this bloke.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yes, I do need a bigger social group
    Post on here roughly where you live, and I'm sure you'll increase you social group massively. Admittedly it will be mostly slightly inept mountain bikers, but they might have normal friends 🙂

D0NK

PMSL @ miketually

miketually
    Free Member

Why not ask for a bit of role-play. Sounds like he'd go for that. Then ask if you can jump straight to the "married for 10 years with 2 kids" phase of your relationship.

Then he could get his wish: to see you every night. But you'd sit, sullen and exhausted, ignoring each other. Never a word passing between you. You'd probably manage a meal once a year. And best of all: you wouldn't have to have sex with him!

Do I sound bitter?

I must be doing it wrong. Married for 10 years and a month with 2 kids and this doesn't match my experience at all.

thomthumb
    Free Member

proper mental – tell him to do one.

Bunnyhop

This chap does sound overpowering to me by giving you instructions on how a relationship should proceed even before meeting you.
    However I would go on a first date with him. You just never know until you try.

miketually – I think you're doing everything right 🙂

Xan
    Free Member

P.s Why not post a pic up as well as some info about you here and find a like minded guy that will know pretty much know what you are looking for. Sure there are plenty of single guys on here that would love a MTBin GF. I know I would love my past GF's to understand my love for spending all day on a trail, getting dirty and spending crazy amounts of cash on a thing that you need to peddle lol

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You can stay on the shelf too long ! (either sex)
    Maybe he feels he is 'getting older' and thinks he can fast forward a relationship by 'dating' everynight.

I personally think everyone needs there own space, even in new relationships.
    You didnt turn him down flat when he asked, so he must have a chance of a date with you.
    How well do you know him? does he have a good group of friends or does he need someone like you to fill his life ?
    As stated several times, lay your own rules down in the beginning.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my ex – first date ended 5 days later when i dragged my sleep deptrived corpse back to my own house to be greeted by rounds of applause from my housemates

the last girl i dated – decided i was a bit too full on when i tried to call her on her birthday! Then had a go at me for texting her contantly, i actualy had to check my phone and I'd been averageing less than one message a day! Apparently too much for some!

Girl I'm going for a first date with on saturday – invited me arround for coffee sometime this week. She knows I dont drink coffee :p

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

scratch that, just got dumped by text! Something about looking and sounding older than I am!

Note to any women in the house, if age is (or anything else) an issue, ask it FFS!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Conor
    Free Member

he's a weirdo. And that's coming from me, a weirdo. Avoid.

It's easy to become over enthusiastic and over excited at the start of a (potential) relationship. You either avoid and get out of there or try and bear it and see how things turn out. But if somebody is talking about their needs and expectations before you even meet… then, girl, get out of there. Ther are far better, more stable and interesting men out there 😉 *cough* email in profile 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

scratch that, we're back on again

to be continued…………………. (hopefully)

DaveGr
    Free Member

Just go out on a date with him. What's the worst that can happen? OK, maybe being kidnapped, locked in a cellar and kept hostage for 18 years until the Police finally get round to doing something about it. But how oftern have you head of that happening??

Second thoughts, go on a date to a public place and never, and I mean never, be out of site of other people. And don't let him walk you home 😯

tinribz
    Free Member

I say give the guy a break, who hasn't said something stupid you didn't really mean or regretted before, especially if he's nervous talking to the opposite sex.

You should be more more wary of smooth operators.

Unless of course next he starts dropping hints about how you should dress and who you're allowed to be friends with. 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘How often should you see a new person at the start of a relationship?’ is closed to new replies.