Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How often for new tubeless fluid?
  • dantsw13

How often do we all top up our tubeless setups? All new fluid or just throw a bit more in?

Superficial
    Free Member

I usually forget. And get punctures that don’t seal every 6 months or so. So I’d guess I need to top up more frequently than that.

Seriously, when I asked this before, the consensus was to give the wheel a shake. If you can’t hear fluid sloshing about, add some more.

dantsw13

I’ve been getting lax at keeping them topped up. Today I sliced a tyre on some freshwater mussel shells and it wouldn’t seal even with plenty of liquid inside.

When the tyre came off to put a tube in, the liquid inside was very watery and there was one of those big rubber monster things. Basically, the liquid had lost all its latex.

Vortexracing

Every 3 months or so

My bike sits next to a radiator in the garage and that dries the stuff up pretty quickly 🙁

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I just add a little when I swap tyres, so I never really have to worry about remembering to top it up.

chiefgrooveguru

a radiator in the garage

A radiator? In the garage??? How the other half live! 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Every few months.

creamegg
    Free Member

3-4 months

CaptainSlow

Unless you’ve had a noticeable puncture (i.e. tyre went a bit soft or there’s evidence of sealant) then 3-4 months – just throw a fresh scoop or two in.

Garry_Lager

I never top it up as a routine thing – would only do so if I started to get punctures or if the tyres were deflating on standing overnight. I guess with changing tyres the odd time in the year this cycles new latex in.

You can definitely go a long time without doing owt – assuming non-thorny trails, decent set-up, go 6 months easy and the tyres will still have a decent seal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How often for new tubeless fluid?’ is closed to new replies.