Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • How often do you tip the service when eating out?
  • sbob
    Free Member

Really? Don’t most people quietly eat their meal, pay then go?

You want people to enjoy themselves, and they won’t be if they’re worrying about paying the supplement for the cheeseboard. 😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

I thought I was the service? Or did I read the question wrong? These Americanisms confuse me…

myti
    Free Member

The restaurants must love you! Do you go anywhere regularly? Do you find the service has gone down hill?
    So restaurants want to put off regular income then because of a bad tipper? They must have too much business?!

Well yeah the restaurants I normally go to you have to book way in advance and when you’re in there there is a fairly regular stream of people being turned away who haven’t booked so yeah they’d rather have a decent customer who appreciates what they do. It’s a two way street in any service situation in my opinion. Be a good customer and receive a good service and vice versa whatever the industry. Rather than the attitude of customer doing the business a favour by gracing them with their custom.

chakaping
    Free Member

Perhaps Im old fashioned by I assume that good service and food is what I have paid for when ordering, hence the price on the menu.

Not old fashioned so much as wilfully ignorant, TBH.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘How often do you tip the service when eating out?’ is closed to new replies.