Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • How often do you fall off?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

staying off the brakes when it gets dicey is the best way to stay on your bike.

Theres an element of truth to this, right?

I seem to bottle nearly every drop I come across these days, and its touching the brakes that scrubs my speed and has me crashing more often than not.

Although, being a fat lad means if im not at least dragging a brake on a decent, them im hitting warp factor 9 and its going to end in tears regardless..

I reckon I need another day with Jedi to get my head right after cracking my knee on a piddly 2ft drop this summer – its blown my confindence. And its only 300yds from my house at the start of every ride I go on! I’m still taking the walk of shame when I approach it.. 😳

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Every time I forget to unclip.

SOAP
    Free Member

I only seem to fall off when listening to music last time it was Iron Maiden.
    Not crashed for about a year or more.
    Get sketchy on most rides tho 🙂

curlie467
    Free Member

Not for ages until last night, a damaged chain forced it to jump off when I was pedaling hard, next came kneeing the bars then over the top.

Cheezpleez

I had one of those out of the blue offs last night. Riding narrow track between bushes and barbed wire at dusk I failed to see the substantial sawn off branch protruding into the trail and rode into it at speed. First I knew was my hand punching the tree and my hip hitting the deck. Ouch! Actually got off pretty lightly.

I hate unseen trail obstacles.

The ride before that I decided to roll a jump because I didn’t have enough speed to launch it. It was a gap jump. D’oh!

I crash fairly frequently. Like the pros. Ahem.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve fallen off since I went On a course which all centred around weight always on your BB and always riding your bike so as if you let go of the handlebars you wouldn’t fall backwards or forwards. However, I always seem to end a ride covered in blood, from thorns, chainrings or something else.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Don’t think I’ve fallen off since I went On a course which all centred around weight always on your BB and always riding your bike so as if you let go of the handlebars you wouldn’t fall backwards or forwards”

Another top that. Light hands balance on your feet.

vickypea
    Free Member

I tend to fall off when I’m tired, for example on a night ride after a day at work, especially towards the end of the ride. When I get tired I make more mistakes, and seem to annoyingly tip off sideways if I go too slowly!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Every few months though varies. I save up my crashes for a nice big one. I’m good at making them messy. Usually involves my head but I like to make a close inspection of the ground as it’s quite interesting down there.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Had a really bad fall a few months back and it really knocked my confidence, now i seem to be falling off at the very sight if a loose stone on the trails. Not good. 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

[/quote]Patriotpro earlier

😆

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I crash a lot , it’s a skill

maxtorque

I like to fall off at least once a ride, usually in the first 25 yards……. 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    mindmap3
    I crash on the BFe the most, normally over the bars!
    Its the forks. You need forks with more compression support. Maybe you should swap them for some new Pikes?

POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Not likely! I’m very happy with my old Z1’s tah.

If I’m too tight to fork out (no pun intended) for posh forks for my Rune I’m not going to drop that sort of money on my second bike. I’m putting it down to lack of skill not the tools.

pjm84
    Free Member

Tonight, and it hurt. Clipped a tree, OTB, and landed on my own fist in the chest. Fist won.

Last Sunday at Swinley. Followed a mate too close, he slammed into the corner, a left drop down and away, I launched it off the corner. OTB and the front wheel collapsed when it came back onto the trail. Stood on it to straighten it and continued riding. Got away quite lightly with that one.

matt1986
    Free Member

Had a few big offs recently mostly silly ones or other people’s fault but its hit my confidence big time because they have all been in the last 4 weeks. I’m trying to get my confidence back but struggling. What’s everyone else’s tips? I’ve never lost confidence before on the bike and its doing my nut in

I_Ache
    Free Member

[Quote] I’m putting it down to lack of skill [/quote]

Don’t be silly it’s definitely the forks.

busydog
    Free Member

C) I am old and take longer to heal,so my risk assessment scanner is set to Max

This

corsair
    Free Member

While I was reading this thread I just fell off my chair…

federalski
    Free Member

corsair – Member
    While I was reading this thread I just fell off my chair…

If it’s the third time this year you should really go to a chair sitting class (not including dabbing you feet down to save of course)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘How often do you fall off?’ is closed to new replies.