Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How often do you check shock pressures? Loosing air pressure over time
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

So, how often do people check the pressures in their shocks/forks? Left a bike unloved in the garage for a month or so and have found the rear shock low on pressure. Admittedly I would check before riding but it got me to thinking. How long would you expect a shock to hold pressure and should I be checking them more often than when I notice something feels off?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When it feels too squishy normally but I do carry a shock pump with me

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I think you may have attended the same school of bike maintenance as I did Mike 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gravity-slave
    Free Member

How are you checking? With a pump or by measuring sag?

Connecting a pump will cause pressure to be released from the shock into the pump body, losing pressure every time you connect the pump.

accu
    Free Member

won`t happen with this little tool anymore..
    expensive but works perfect…

http://www.bike-components.de/products/language/en/info/p19577_Airport-micro-Abschaltadapter-.html

no presure losing if you connect your pump..

sailor74
    Free Member

Check mine every few weeks or if there has been a big temperature change since i last set it.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Providing its not due to the previously mentioned pump connection ‘phenomenon’ then it’s time to do an air can service.

You could send it off but it really is easy to do, check YouTube for tutorial vids. Took me about 30mins the first time and I usually take my time on these sort of jobs.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Might be worth checking the air valve isn’t losing air. Mind did when the core worked loose.

SOAP
    Free Member

Never check the pressures or set SAG I just ride on where the sag rings are during and after a ride.
    After about 4 rides you can get it so you bottom out every now and then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How often do you check shock pressures? Loosing air pressure over time’ is closed to new replies.