• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How not to lock your bike up (if you want it to be there when you get back!)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Why on earth would you lock your bike up like this?? Why not stick the D-lock through the frame?? Weird… 😕

Lock skills by ten_sim, on Flickr

Militant_biker

Well, a tea-leaf would struggle to use the ground for one end of their croppers that way…

geordiemick00
    Free Member

who would want to nick that bike, I mean

those

pedals….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psychle
    Free Member

Well, a tea-leaf would struggle to use the ground for one end of their croppers that way…

Wouldn’t need much leverage, those Kryptoflex cables are criminally easy to slice through with a small set of croppers (easily hidden under ones hoodie)

Militant_biker

Wouldn’t need much leverage, those Kryptoflex cables are criminally easy to slice through

Fair enough! Never tried myself… 😉

honourablegeorge

What bars are those?

I kind of like them

flow
    Free Member

Better than leaving it in your shed/garage like most people seem to do.

kimbers

or you could lock it to a 3ft bollard like our genius of a prime minister

ps flow are you volunteering to build an extension on my house to fit my bikes in?

sobriety
    Free Member

What bars are those?

I think they’re called bullhorns, think you can get them from charge bikes website, I have a set on my plug, really like them.

Edit: they’re called Slice by the looks of things

flow
    Free Member

ps flow are you volunteering to build an extension on my house to fit my bikes in?

No, I am offering you my knowledge, keep the bike in the bedroom.

br
    Free Member

or just undo the railing…

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

The **** up thing is… that’s not the original front wheel; so they’ve ALREADY had that stolen at least once.

I spent the summer working in a bike shop in London.. and it has to be said: There’s some right dunces there!

Northwind

Militant_biker – Member

Nope, nothing like high enough. Not that they’d need it, that lock’d snip with compact wirecutters faster and easier than it’ll unlock with the key.

flow
    Free Member

Not that they’d need it, that lock’d snip with compact wirecutters faster and easier than it’ll unlock with the key.

No chance

Northwind

I’ve seen it done, Flow, went through the cable like it wasn’t there. Concealable compact cutters, about 12 inches. Snip.

flow
    Free Member

Damn, I wouldn’t have thought it would be so easy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Brilliant – I need one of those 😈

Tebbalot
    Free Member

courtesy of lfgss

Northwind

Neither did I tbh til I saw it so fair play.

iridebikes
    Free Member

that is awesome macavity
    surely its some kind of joke though?

Macavity
    Free Member

Unfortunately it is just that, a joke.
    But could it work……?

psychle
    Free Member

Damn, I wouldn’t have thought it would be so easy.

He’s talking about the Kryptoflex cable thing, they are indeed stupidly useless to secure your bike with, have stopped 2 attempted thefts in broad daylight on Upper St where the scrotes were using compact cutters, just challenged them and they scarpered pronto, had to take a bike into the store once as the cable had been cut already and the bike was unsecured…

hugor
    Free Member

I must say I find those D clamps pretty tricky to clamp to the frame and often resort to using the extension cable.
    There are often not many poles that can fit within the D and your frame.
    I’m a bit surprised the cables can be cut so easily – hell It takes me 30 minutes to cut a brake cable!

hora
    Free Member

Extension for all your bikes? Well your rich enough to replace them leaving them in a shed or a garage I suppose.

I’d rather smash my bike to bits with a lump hammer than think a criminal would be grinning and buying his skunk and stella on the proceeds of such crime but hey people think garages/sheds are fine as they are covered by insurance.

Plus you claim and subsequent house insurance policies go up? (Abit like car insurance?)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How not to lock your bike up (if you want it to be there when you get back!)’ is closed to new replies.