Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How not to live your life
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

Best thing on telly at the moment by a country mile.

Loving Treacher. Classic.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Might’ve guessed this’d be up your street…

You see Treacher watching Saw last episode?

BillMC

WATCHING TELEVISION?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s alright, no need to shout. We’re clearly multi-tasking, we’re not neglecting the forum 🙄

Torminalis
    Free Member

Only thing I actually wait for in anticipation.

Apparently her husband is dead.

cinnamon_girl

Oh, my publisher didn’t tell me that it’s hit the shelves. 😳

Will it reach the Best Sellers list? Or should I change the title to “Mid-Life Crisis Adventurette by Muddy Mountain Bike/r”?

Tell you what, seeing as I’m oh so jolly, I’ll even autograph copies. 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeahp me too.

Now here’s a tip on how to live your life… Watch the episodes again on iPlayer on your laptop whilst drinking a beer in the bath after a supersexyride…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Will there be a book signing? I’ll even turn up in person for that event 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

orrrr, sedate your girlfriend so you can play GT5 in the evenings! Hooray!

cinnamon_girl

Darn, I’ve missed The Accused! Really enjoying the Jimmy McGovern series. Last week’s made me shed a tear though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iPlayer C_G, iPlayer!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Saw the first episode of Accused and it was downright bleak. Give me computer games and whisky any day.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Torm, did you catch Panorama this evening about the computer game addiction?

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. How could anyone be addicted to anything on a computer? 😯

cinnamon_girl

Torm – it’s real life and it ain’t always pretty. But it also makes one appreciate what one has.

TSY – yes I’ll catch it on iPlayer.

Torminalis
    Free Member

did you catch Panorama this evening about the computer game addiction?

Yeah watched it a bit.

I read a really interesting article a few months ago about how there are two types of game, those that reward time spent (warcraft, farmville etc) and those that you have to get skilled at to win (modern warfare, GT etc). Playing the former is much like the rats they were describing but fortunately I never really enjoyed those “go kill a rat, get a coin, buy a potion sort of games”.

Ye gads I wish I had the time to be addicted to computer games, I am lucky if I get a sneaky hour in once a week!

To be honest C_G, the first Accused wasn’t about real life, it was fictional. It even had one of those disclaimers in the credits I’ll bet. My experience of real life rarely matches the horrors I am told about daily by the tv. Yeah, bad things have happened but do I want them in my living room weekly? This evening I have been making signs for the Christmas play at MrsT’s school… much more enjoyable.

spacemonkey

Hmm, The Accused … IMO McGovern has lost touch with reality (since The Street) and is churning out stuff that is either dull or just doesn’t make sense. Tonight’s episode being a point in case.

HNTLYL on the other hand – well worth a chuckle for half an hour.

philconsequence
    Free Member

torm, email me as i have a proposition.

the rest of you… back to work hippies! xx

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Yeah it’s great.

Never saw series 1 but picked it up from the start of the second.

When he was dating the homeless girl the Pretty Woman parody when he took her shopping to Shelter was classic.

Also, when they filmed the S&M episode he really did hitch by the roadside dressed in all that gear so they could film it – and a few cars actually stopped for him! 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

His housemate is essence

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How not to live your life’ is closed to new replies.