• This topic has 29 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • how not to deal with kids kicking balls into your garden.
  • wwaswas

I used to live near there, he’s bought a house literally at the end of a five a side football pitch. What did he expect to harken?

nickjb
    Free Member

Wouldn’t this be a civil offence rather than a criminal one as the barrister claims? He doesn’t come across well either way though. Not that the kids are angelic but they are just being kids

ads678

You can’t argue with kids, so there’s no point even trying. They will just do you head in on purpose for ages after that until they get bored.

crankboy
    Free Member

my humble view defiantly not burglary or indeed any form of attempt burglary ( have to enter a building or part thereof not a garden.) So only a civil trespass.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

‘In summertime village [football] is the delight of everyone …’ 🙂

footflaps

He does seem a bit unstable….

aracer
    Free Member

He seems remarkably ignorant of the law for a lawyer:
    trespassing in a garden != burglary
    trespassing in a garden != a criminal offence

“is your ball still in our garden; forget it, you’re not getting it back” == criminal offence!

However all this is overshadowed by filming in portrait 😥

thecaptain
    Free Member

He’s a bit shouty – and yes, ignorant of the law. But the brats are (almost certainly) being a pain in the arse over a long time period and in that case it’s not surprising he’s wound up.

wwaswas

He only bought the place 9 months ago. I can’t believe he expects a small urban park in an area with lots of children in it that has a fenced off football pitch at one end not to have the occasional view go in his garden.

If I were him I’d be more worried about the car garage that does 24 hour taxi servicing that’s the other side of his house.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What he really needs to do is go out and play football with them. It’s what I did to stop the local neds being a shower of pricks. They soons wisen up when you go through them on the football pitch.

yunki
    Free Member

what an effing tool

like people that move near to a pub and complain about noise

utter cock

(which forum member is he? )

40mpg

All a bit sad really, apart from this bit:

Meanwhile, in the latest instalment to the saga, a mash-up has appeared on YouTube entitled ‘Ronnie Pickering vs angry barrister Richard Hearnden’

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

THIS one of those we have no idea how much shit he has sustained over what tome frame to lead to that

He does lose it big time though and he really should have foreseen what would happen living near a football pitch but plenty of folk would object to kids trampling through thier garden to find a ball

Cougar

Well handled by the kids, I thought. If he’d pulled a stunt like that near me one of ’em would probably have shivved him.

Cougar

we have no idea how much shit he has sustained over what tome frame

He only bought the place 9 months ago.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

He’ll be angling to get the football pitch taken away no doubt.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Some shooting practice is what’s needed given the height of that fence. I mean for the player who is hoofing the ball so far off target, not suggesting the angry man use an air rifle from his bedroom window.

A as a child living in a terraced street we played footy/cricket/rounders/wallie against the gable end of the house at the top of the street. I had zero idea how annoying this would have been until I was a grown up; as a child I only knew she was miserable as every ball that went into her yard came back over punctured beyond repair at a later date. Needless to say we became more accurate as a result.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Hmm, mischief night coming up as well. It could get interesting 8)

thegreatape
    Free Member

They seem like really decent kids. I particularly liked ‘Please can you go away now Sir, you’re disturbing the neighbourhood’. Good work that lad.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Reminds of the dopey woman who bought a lovely country cottage next to a village cricket green, then complained about the cricket on sundays 🙁

Pete
    Free Member

Reminds of the dopey woman who bought a lovely country cottage next to a village cricket green, then complained about the cricket on sundays

Would that be this one….

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8745418/Woman-arrested-by-police-in-cricket-whites-on-pitch.html

nickc

they’re kids with phones, he’s a lawyer with a career to protect, there’s only going to be one winner in the internet war of the portrait phone film..

he’s an idiot regardless of how angry he is

m360
    Free Member

This guy has obviously come to the end of his tether with kids jumping over his fence (how many times a day we don’t know, but it’s obviously more than once or twice). He should have walked away and not engaged them any further, especially when the filming starts, but he still did better than I would have.

Next thing is to build a higher fence, anti vandal paint, razor wire and a German Shepard. That would make them think twice about kicking their ball over.

jamj1974

Can understand he could get annoyed by balls and kids coming in to get them. However, the park was there when he bought the house and frankly I wouldn’t lose control over myself with kids like that – it’s just out of order. if my children had been relatively polite to someone and they were spoken to like that I would be pretty angry. I would also be furious of they were abusive to someone like that too…

jamj1974

His aggression and approach puts him immediately in the wrong. IMHO. Regardless of the number of balls or people entering his property, it’s not likely to be always that lot.

I think he’s quite lucky actually, as a young lad that would have frightened me quite badly. I didn’t manage fear well and I would probably have taken matters in to my own hands.

m360
    Free Member

Keep in mind we don’t know when this “incident” started and when the kids actually started filming. The conversation may have started in his garden, or 10 minutes before filming started, in a more polite/less aggressive manner. The kids aren’t going to film that are they?

There’s two sides to every story, and it just goes to show how intolerant society can be, whichever side you are on…

jamj1974

Keep in mind we don’t know when this “incident” started and when the kids actually started filming. The conversation may have started in his garden, or 10 minutes before filming started, in a more polite/less aggressive manner. The kids aren’t going to film that are they?
    There’s two sides to every story, and it just goes to show how intolerant society can be, whichever side you are on…

Don’t disagree – editing can be King!

aracer
    Free Member

So something happened before? Probably. But he’s still the one all shouty and rude in the film, while the kids are being quite polite. He’s still the lawyer who appears not to know the legal definition of burglary, whether trespass is a civil or a criminal offence, and whether he’s allowed to keep property which doesn’t belong to him. Or maybe he does and he’s threatening the kids with things he knows to be untrue. Either way he doesn’t come out of it well, whatever the provocation was.

nickc

Keep in mind we don’t know when this “incident” started and when the kids actually started filming.

It’s completely irrelevant though isn’t it, doesn’t matter how “right” your cause, as soon as you start behaving like he did (regardless who you’re shouting out), you’ve lost.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘how not to deal with kids kicking balls into your garden.’ is closed to new replies.