Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • how much would you pay for one of these secondhand…..
  • renton
    Free Member

the shop im getting my new stumpy from has one of these in which they are selling secondhand………..

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2007&spid=22035

now how much would you pay for it , i had a quick look over it and it seems in real good condition.

up for £475??? fair price or not

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seems pretty reasonable to me. I know someone who paid £550-£600 for one of those used, and a shop should check it over before they sell it, too

renton
    Free Member

cheers for that mate, looks like a good buy then for me wife!!

njee20
    Free Member

Hmmm… I think £475 is over kill. They were only £900 new, they're heavy and not well specced.

Just because the shop's selling it doesn't mean there's any sort of comeback or warranty either. If it's absolutely immaculate then maybe, but I'd sooner have a Rockhopper or something.

tinsy
    Free Member

Gotta go on condition, if its mint then its way better than you can build for the same money even using jedi powers on ebay and the classifieds. (I know ive tried)

If its tired dont bother, if its mint then why not.

allyharp

I have a mate who has one and he's had to replaced practically everything. The shock at about 250 quid, numerous sets of bushings, rear wheel etc

That could be more a reflection of his riding and maintenance rather than the bike mind you.

chakaping
    Free Member

If it's absolutely mint then £475 seems OK, otherwise maybe offer closer to £400 – or ask for freebies?

renton
    Free Member

to be fair it looked to be in very good conditon!!

cheers all

steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘how much would you pay for one of these secondhand…..’ is closed to new replies.