Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How much would you pay for a weekend of racing?
  • gil_

I might be organising a small event this year…

Ok I am :~)

If I was to offer you a weekend of free camping with facilities, a live band, an evening meal with a beer, a 3-4 hour mountain bike race, a social Saturday ride, a T-shirt, pint glass and other goodies and weekend entry to a forest, how much would you be willing to pay?

Not a trick question, just need some feedback :~)

geoffj

£25 and keep the freebies

gil_

Basically the "freebies" do not make up that much percentage of the per head fee, it’s various other costs that push it up

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Got to be worth £35.00 for what is going to be a quaility event. Please note I may be slightly biased, Stumps part of Gils SSUK09 crew.:-)

taxi25
    Free Member

3-4 hr race, no more than £25 with T Shirt.

wwaswas

it’s a single speed race?

you’d have to pay me 😉

gil_

Ok, somebody might have let the cat out the bag…

If I was to say more of a social/festival/drinking/bike race kind of affair, with no turbo trainers in site and a British championship at stake

Would that gain interest?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Possibly better if its not a pure race race, but I dont really like being forced to do stuff if I just want to race, and I dont like camping with others (hate people making noise at night, drives me nuts). So personally ‘d rather attend arace where I could choose my own site and just turn up. But maybe I should chll and be a little more sociable. Also, I wouldnt want to have to pay (as much) for my missus who wouldnt race but would want to attend. £35-40 would be decent for a cheap meal, a race and a nights camping? Plus maybe £20 for the extra person in the tent and to cover the extra for band etc?

MrAgreeable

When I did it a couple of years back it was £25. Bit steep for a short race, particularly if you’re so hungover you can’t even see, but that’s not really the point. It was fun and thanks to the organiser’s blagging skills the prize-giving went on for longer than the race!

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking entry into the forest isn’t overly cheap anyway…so taking that into account I’d willingly pay £35 and maybe a bit more but I would agree with Coffeeking that a reduced rate for non racers would be a big bonus, obviously they wouldn’t get the freebies.

Good luck with it al,l I’m looking forward to it…whatever it is ;o)

gil_

Thanks guys :~)

Don’t think you would be forced to "do" anything, I hear what you are saying about camping but it also means you can have a nights entertainment/beer and you get to sleep in what’s normally one of the most quite parts of the world

Additional non-racers would be charged but it would be kept to as low as possible

It’s a non-profit making event, just doing it for the Karma :~)

coffeeking
    Free Member

I dont mind organisers making a profit, they put in a lot of effort and deserve some return, I just dont want them to be driving off in a rolls 🙂

silverside
    Free Member

well seeing as races cost £15-20 anyhow, camping £10, meal+beer £10 – i think £50 is not unreasonable. Thats from someone used to London prices…

gil_

Believe me, we won’t be making a profit!

Any funds that come in over budget will be put back into prize kitty or Beer fund

That’s the spirit of the whole event 🙂

singlespeedstu

A three to four hour race. 😯

One lap will be enough for me. 😉

Oh and maybe you should link the entry fee price to the number of teeth on the riders rear cog. 😆

firestarter
    Free Member

35 id think as last one i did was 25 for race and all other stuff but a tenner to camp too. Last ssuk was 25 iirc but had to buy the t. Obviusly doin ts wil be easy for you lol. if you need hand with owt give me a mail mate.

gil_

That’s the thing, I know how much it’s going to "cost" but it’s always nice to add little extras…

Don’t want to take the piss for the entry put what to give everybody as much value for their money as possible 🙂

And No, it doesn’t have to be a 4 hour race, but by the time you have taken in the various "attractions" you might end up being out there for 4 hours 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you have to pay ME. Big time.

knottie8
    Free Member

how much I’d pay would depend on where its going to be held. So where to ?

GW
    Free Member

for a Vaguely described random MTB race, F*** all!!
    for a race I actually wanted to do, upto around £200.

Wouldn’t be interested in freebies either especially pint glasses since they are free anyway. ;oP

gil_

There’s always one clever soul…

Would be happy to pay Simonfbarnes, we need a male stripper!

firestarter
    Free Member

Tbh as a full event all in id prob stump up upto fifty i think but id want some ale in my glass for that lol

singlespeedstu

by the time you have taken in the various "attractions" you might end up being out there for 4 hours

So there’s going to be beer stops then. :mrgreen:

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Up to £35 though wwill hopefully have some other accomodation. And i would prefer if we payed sfb to keep his clothes on please. 🙂

MrSparkle

For me it’d be £25 to £35. Sounds intriguing, btw!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How much would you pay for a weekend of racing?’ is closed to new replies.