• This topic has 43 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ste_t.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How much weight have you put on over Christmas so far?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I discovered I’ve put on six pounds so far, which is pretty good going even for me.
    Most of it must be from ‘healthy’ fat from…err…chocolate.

thegreatape
    Free Member

None, lost a bit, but I have been home alone since Boxing Day, so no cooking, just mugs of tea through the day at work and sandwiches for dinner each evening.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

All of it! Gonna get some more in the neet n’all. Then wake up tomorrow motivated and sprightly and miraculously fitter and a stone lighter (hopefully). Either that or I have a january of PAIN coming up.

EDIT: not gained a stone over christmas but over the last year with arrival of child no 2 then have packed a\ bit extra on over the festivities.

sbob
    Free Member

I have neither tits nor scales.

MoreCashThanDash

For the first time in years I have gained nothing at all, still 12 stone 12 in old money.

Despite no exercise this week with a bad back, and being home alone with easy access to takeaways and ready meals and a large selection of beers.

Feel I have missed some opportunities somewhere!

badnewz
    Free Member

Ive probably lost some as Ive cut down on the boozing and feel better for it. Although Im not going to attempt Dry Jan, no sir.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Lost 1lb

njee20
    Free Member

No change, 67.8kg this morning, it hovers between 67.5 and 68 anyway.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have neither tits nor scales.

are you saying you are not a mermaid?

I weight the same as njee oops .5 kg less

mrjmt
    Free Member

had the shits since christmas eve, only been eating toast till i had a bowl of soup today.
    probably shed a little.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes but how much weight have you shed?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not gained anything, done plenty of riding and not had much in the way of alcohol.

Weight hovers between 69 and 70kg and its not changed.

mrjmt
    Free Member

just checked, was 10st 4lb before crimbo, now 9st 12lb.

probably will put some back on quickly once properly rehydrated.

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

are you saying you are not a mermaid?

I’m saying it is sad if the typically female obsession with self image has spread to the male of the species.

You don’t need scales to work out if you are under or over weight.

njee20
    Free Member

So you’re the perfect physique?

smatkins1
    Free Member

I look a bit more streamlined after a week visiting the parents.

Food potions seem to get smaller and smaller every year around there.

I could see gaps on the plate at meal times. That doesn’t happen normally!

wilburt
    Free Member

91.4kg to 95.9kg 🙁

choppersquad
    Free Member

So it sounds like it’s just me then?
    How can anyone possibly not put on any weight over Christmas?
    I blame Mother Nature for not making celery taste like Toblerone.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

WTF is wrong with you people? you should be gorging on slightly discolouring meat left overs and chocolate until you’re stranded on the sofa unable to heft your corpulent carcass sufficiently to even change channel and be incoherently drunk with it. You’re all a disgrace.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Didn’t put anything on over Christmas but sadly added 4kg in the few months before – now at 80kg aiming for 75kg

@chopper I think my secret is to have been ill for the past 10 days

choppersquad
    Free Member

Good going Wilburt!
    You have reinstated my faith in modern man.

Bregante

14st 8lbs at the start of December.

15st 2lbs this morning.

😳

choppersquad
    Free Member

Not sure I fancy the ‘being ill’ diet, but who knows.
    It might shift it quicker than the 5/2?
    Hope you’re all right now jambalaya?

wilburt
    Free Member

Thank you, can I have extra points for achieving that whilst still doing the December Gran Fondo and having a good stab at the Rapha 500.
    Travelling the country visiting relies seems to be the secret.

sbob
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

So you’re the perfect physique?

I’m perfectly happy with my physique, if that helps. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I gained 2, already lost one though!

New bike is a decent inspiration.

soobalias
    Free Member

i’m down about half a stone
    means i will start 2015 a stone and a half from where i want to be

jambalaya
    Free Member

@choppersquad thanks, chest infection / man flu nothing to worry about really just don’t have much of an appetite. Mostly fed up I didn’t get out for a ride/walk etc as weather has been lovely.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I will have put a few lbs on and I now have tits ( or moobs) which is a good indication of lardiness in my book

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Put some weight on since starting going to the gym approx 12 weeks ago, had a couple of comments about my arms getting bigger. I’m pretty chuffed as putting on muscle mass at age 51 should be a toughie.

nickc

weight is still 69kg, so no I haven’t

flap_jack
    Free Member

had a couple of comments about my arms getting bigger. I’m pretty chuffed as putting on muscle mass at age 51 should be a toughie

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it’ll probably be glycogen + water. If I’m training arms my guns go up by two inches, and straight back down a month after I go back to legs (i.e. winter in gym, spring on bike). It ain’t a change in muscle for me (aged 53)…

As for OP question, up from 96kg to 102kg. It’ll take months to lose 🙁

nuke

Couple of pounds over my normal range of 147lb to 150lb (68kg)…I’ll shift that in Jan

twinw4ll
    Free Member

It may well be flap jack, but somethings happening, now doing weighted pull ups and dips, 25kgs for the dips, sets of 10, bearing in mind i weigh 63kgs.

binners

I can still see my feet. Just!

Northwind

About half a stone. Which doesn’t sound much, but I usually weigh about 9 stone and I’m as thin as a shadow so where’s it gone? I must have alhemically metabolised it into lead or something.

Fightback starts tomorrow. Unless I’m hung over. Which I will be.

schmiken

4.5 kg over Christmas, been a bit stressed out with work which hasn’t helped, but back on the diet today (having been the first day I could face getting on the scales)!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

not put any weight on, but 4 stone to lose by easter!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

About 9lb here, but since the beginning of party session rather than purely Christmas.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m net Zero, 4 beers and 1/2 bottle of whiskey drunk, no mince pies either.. Been a bit lean but then I’ve pigged out on other stuff so pretty happy with no gain. 75kgs and not counting 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How much weight have you put on over Christmas so far?’ is closed to new replies.