Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 168 total)
  • How much weight can I lose in 3 weeks?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

A work colleague just dropped two stone in eight weeks, which is 12kg and 1.5kg a week. It doesn’t look like he did it in a linear fashion though; seeing him a few times a week it looked like he’s dropped quite a bit more in the last three weeks than he did in the first five.

A kilo a week seems to be reasonable.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Seeing as you’re a space cadet, build yourself a space ship and lose all your weight. 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

So that’ll be the iDave diet added to the list of fad diets that dont work. Meanwhile my exercise loads and eat a sensible normal diet has seen me got from 15 stone to 11 stone and keep it off. Surprising that.

So if you stopped exercising loads, and eating a sensible diet (like molgrips stopped doing iDave) would yours continue to work ?

zilog6128

It works unless you end up using more carb than you can eat in low-carb form. Which for me was quite easy.

the iDiet definitely isn’t lo-carb though. If anything, it’s hi-carb. Which makes sense, because it’s for people who are training or doing a lot of exercise. Perhaps that’s where you went wrong!

molgrips
    Free Member

the iDiet definitely isn’t lo-carb though

Not in theory, but in practice it is lower than a traditional diet simply because you can only eat so much, and replacing starchy high carb foods with veg and legumes doesn’t give as much carbs in total.

Well its at a much lower rate than many

Not only does our ability to burn fat vary, but the way we ride varies too. If you get two people of the same weight riding the same hill they might be using different amounts of fat due to maybe physiology, or maybe why they’ve eaten that day. Not only that, but there are a few feedback mechanisms that govern how the fat gets replaced from your food, which will be different in different people too.

Perhaps that’s where you went wrong!

I know exactly where I go wrong.. Too inconsistent, periods of not much riding, periods of short intense riding and periods of sppradic long rides. Very hard to adjust diet for that..

wanmankylung
    Free Member

So if you stopped exercising loads, and eating a sensible diet (like molgrips stopped doing iDave) would yours continue to work ?

Why on earth would I want to do that? I get to eat cakes and pies, drink beer and ride my bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think you’ve lost track of the argument there wan 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

What jeans?????

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Nah, I don’t think so. The thing with fad diets like the iDave diet and any other that you care to mention (basically any eating advice with a capital letter in it) is that people dont stick to them because they are boring or not all that pleasant long term, or they stop you eating stuff that you like to eat. A healthy balanced diet coupled with enough exercise to create an optimal energy balance is the only way to lose weight and keep it off long term.

bearnecessities

Aaaaaand we’re off.

molgrips
    Free Member

IDave isn’t a fad imo. He just said eat low GI, really. It’s not hard. Just a lifestyle change. If you think it’s a fad you haven’t understood the principles.

or they stop you eating stuff that you like to eat

Well of course. Given that I like to eat cakes and sweets, I think most diets would do that. 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

If you enter the US on foot from Mexico as is currently in vogue, you could lose quite a bit of weight on your way north! 😉

And you can lose even more at Gitmo! 😆

flap_jack
    Free Member

I did 10kg in 2 weeks a few years ago. I did ride over 2000 km in that period though…

mogrim

It’s not hard. Just a lifestyle change.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

9 lbs in 9 days on aloe Vera detox clean

molgrips
    Free Member

I started yesterday morning at 91.4kg.

Today I was 91.2kg. Good start!

Rscott
    Free Member

Good Start, hopefully tomorrow I will get to leavemy sling in the hospital that i’ve been in for 8 weeks and get the go ahead to start jogging and easy cycling.

In 8 weeks I have gained 2 and a half stone, I even altered my diet was eating healthy and about half of what I normaly would any less and i’d start on the cakes and snacks. Im now at 86kg which at 5 foot 7 seems alot. Ill be joining you on any diet I can find.

llama

I started yesterday morning at 91.4kg.

Today I was 91.2kg. Good start!

surely <200g is within a normal day to day variation

loum
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    After going back up to almost pre iDave weight, after next weekend I will have three weeks til my holiday. What do you reckon I will be able to lose in three weeks?

POSTED 1 WEEK AGO # REPORT-POST

Don’t understand the one week warm up?
    Surely a four week effort would have been better than waiting to start a three week challenge?

Good luck any way.

binners

200g is just a big poo, surely?

IanMunro
    Free Member

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40248/straight-dope-do-you-really-sweat-one-liter-each-night/

“Total water loss by both routes for an average healthy young male averages about 25g per hour, or 200g per eight hours of sleep, and much of that is simply exhaled, not absorbed by the mattress.”

🙂

natrix
    Free Member

as Pigface said “What jeans” ???

and are you ever going to wash them, or just pop them in the freezer from time to time??

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2014/jun/30/jeans-in-the-freezer-grant-wahl-us-world-cup

olddog

200g is just a big poo, surely

Not even close to a big poo!

sobriety
    Free Member

@RScott

I feel your pain, I’ve just got back to light jogging post surgery after some eejit right turned into me in March.

I went from 12st4lbs to 14st in my enforced lay up.

The worst of it is that the insurance is still going through (he’s admitted liability though), so I’m currently sans road bike, which is my main exercise as I was commuting on it every day.

brassneck

IDave isn’t a fad imo. He just said eat low GI, really. It’s not hard. Just a lifestyle change. If you think it’s a fad you haven’t understood the principles.

So it’s not a diet then? Or is it? If it worked before why not do it again.. but if its a lifestyle surely you never stop…

<isconfuzednow>

molgrips
    Free Member

surely <200g is within a normal day to day variation

Of course it is, I’m just being light-hearted. However I am going to crash diet just to see what I can do. I’ve put on a few kgs in the last few months so I just want to make sure I’m closer to the 88kg ish of the last year or so when I buy jeans.

200g is a poo yes but I poo every day so that’s taken into account 🙂

Total water loss by both routes for an average healthy young male averages about 25g per hour, or 200g per eight hours of sleep,

Yes I know, but this was over a 24 hour period. Weigh ins are before breakfast (and before subsequent poo) every morning.

If it worked before why not do it again

Because, sadly, cakes and bread are tasty.

bearnecessities

fasthaggis

Ghost Dog 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Rather than lose weight, encourage your partner to put weight on so you won’t feel as conscious about your own size.

emsz
    Free Member

So in those other threads were you argued until you were blue in face that your body is different to mine and mine is different to everyone else’s and how you suffered low energy levels and alllll that crap and how ideit wasnt working for you it does just boil down to the fact that you can’t lay off the cake?

Btw you weigh two of me 😉

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

@paulmgreen my Mrs is just finishing that Aloe Vera thing now and it’s crazy how much she’s lost but her body shape has changed dramatically too in just 9 days! She’ll be gutted if it goes back on in a week.

cynic-al
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    200g is a poo yes but I poo every day so that’s taken into account

Has anyone actually weighed a poo?

Just to save me going to the freezer TBH.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Why not buy the jeans size you want to be then slowly and safely lose the weight when you get back and you’ll have the perfect incentive?

vinnyeh

What’s the point of buying jeans that are only going to fit you for a few weeks? Either way.

Either you’re going to continue to lose weight, in which case they’ll be too big, or you’re going back on the cakes and they’ll be too small.

And why did you leave it a week to begin.

Your commitment level is showing…….

Solo
    Free Member

If we’re posting quotes….

oh and…
    Btw you weigh two of me
    I can almost feel the luv…

binners

With you being so determined to look good in your bikini on your hollybobs, can I raise another important issue you need to address….

Have you started your sunbed sessions yet? You don’t want to be looking Scottish on the beach now, do you? And you’ll need to get your bikini line done too. Nowt worse than stray spiders legs

Solo
    Free Member

Your commitment level is showing…….
    Really ? I can’t see it.

Come on everyone, lets all look for Molly’s commitment.

🙂

bearnecessities

molgrips
    Free Member

So in those other threads were you argued until you were blue in face that your body is different to mine and mine is different to everyone else’s and how you suffered low energy levels and alllll that crap and how ideit wasnt working for you it does just boil down to the fact that you can’t lay off the cake?

Question is, why do I like cake so much?

Since you brought it up.. it’s quite an interesting subject imo. If I don’t do any exercise at all, I can easily stick to the diet. The problems start when I exercise. I’ve got a lot of fast twitch muscle, so when I exercise I end up consuming muscle glycogen unless I’m really careful. But sprinting is instinctive, so it’s really hard to sit and spin and quite boring. And when I deplete glycogen stores, that’s when I start to get unbearably hungry and crave carbs (not just cakes – bread and rice mostly, but also coke).

And why did you leave it a week to begin.

I raced last weekend on both days, so I didn’t want to be crash dieting before that.

So just been for a run and weighed myself, 89.7kg! Will see how much goes back on this afternoon when I eat.

vinnyeh

So just been for a run and weighed myself, 89.7kg! Will see how much goes back on this afternoon when I eat.

Good going. 1.5 kg lost since this morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘How much weight can I lose in 3 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.