Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • how much weight can I lose in 2 weeks? and How?
  • ravingdave

as title really; 2 weeks until I go away. I have a dull office job and 2very small children to look after; so I am time and energy limited. therefore what will be most effective to lose weight but still perform in job and at home.

PS I am not expecting miracles; and am not obese, I am only just into the overweight category on BMI (which I know isn’t accurate as a rule, but probably is right with me!)

cheers

whisky711
    Free Member
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Cut a limb off?

Must be at least couple of stone in a leg.

soobalias
    Free Member

2lbs.

jekkyl

probably about 8lbs if you really go at it. Starvation is the method. One or two apples a day?

dknwhy

Copenhagen diet. Google it. Not particularly pleasant to be on, you feel hungry a lot and get caffeine withdrawal headaches but it works. I lost well over a stone.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Book yourself in to a clinic and get it sucked out?

You really can not change much in 2 weeks without changing your routine.

njee20
    Free Member

Amoebic dysentery?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Picolax for the win. 😀

ravingdave

whisky711; does that stuff work? always wary of these things?
    not expecting massive gains; will look at Copenhagen diet.

i’ll update on how much weight I lose over the period. Cycling more (no hardship) and gonna be running as well – I cant run so figure that will trigger my body to go a bit mental!

teef
    Free Member

Kate Moss diet – Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

nickc

cut out alcohol, and as much sugar/carbs* in your diet as you can.

*no wheat, no rice, no potatoes, and no pasta.

you could maybe loose 3-4lbs at best.

skaifan
    Free Member

Pooh more and eat less.

whitestone
    Free Member

A kilogramme per week is about the upper limit that won’t make your body react so that you put the weight back on.

No easy way to do it but cut out the pies and the sweets and do more exercise including some high intensity stuff. Two weeks is probably too little time to see an improvement, I took six months to lose 21Kg at the lowest weight but put about 4Kg back on and have stabilised at my current weight for last couple of years. Some times I’ll drop a Kg or two sometimes put a little on but it’s only temporary.

cokie

Move more and eat less.
    Use My Fitness Pal to monitor what you are eating.
    Calculate the calorie intake required for your weight loss goals.
    Remember, it’s 70% diet and 30% exercise.
    You can’t out exercise a bad diet.
    Without your stats it’s hard to say how much weight loss is possible.

To busy to type anything extensive atm- email me if you want more help.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

2kg healthily.

1200 calories per day chap, plus half of the calories you expend through exercise. Include 1g of protein for each kg of bodyweight. Cut out bread, pasta, breakfast cereal, fruit, potatoes and white rice. Say hello to eggs, tuna, avocados and chicken breast.

HIIT sessions when the kids are in bed. Loads on youtube you can do in your front room.

Use Myfitnesspal to log your calories/macros and exercise.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

*and lots of leafy greens.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cycling more (no hardship

If time is an issue, cut out the cycling and go running instead. You will burn more calories running in 1hr than 1hr of cycling

bearnecessities

Sorted.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Have you tried raving Dave? 48 hours of MDMA induced starvation and dancing helps quite a bit I hear.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Cross country skiing machines burn silly amounts of calories for time spent exercising.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Cross country skiing machines burn silly amounts of calories for time spent excercising.

whoa hello 1995!

Ioneonic

Don’t bother in all honesty. Ultra short diets have a poor benefit to risk ( of feeling unwell etc) ratio. Not ideal before a holiday, especially an activity holiday.

Best way to lose would be (as said above) a modified fast (ie low cal) but with a relatively high protein diet. You would lose water in the first few days (which will be replaced again on coming out the fasted state) which will make it look like you are losing weight (just water, so you are not), and only then will you start to fat burn. But unless you get it just right you will also muscle burn to some extent and may well feel unwell (tired hungry bowel disturbance). Fine tuning will avoid these but that can take time.
    The overall fat burn in 2 weeks will be pretty minimal.

Interval training may help, but equally to get it right takes practice and you put yourself at risk of injury/strain before your holiday.

Medium to long term weight loss would definitely work though.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Just focus on being as healthy as possible…. weight is not a helpful measure and losing a kilo or 2 won’t mean a thing compared to getting 3 good exercises sessions in a week.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Have you tried raving Dave? 48 hours of MDMA induced starvation and dancing helps quite a bit I hear.

Yeah but wanting to kill yourself on Tuesday isn’t conducive to overall health and wellbeing 🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I did a carb free diet in November. Lost a stone in two weeks.

I’m not particularly fat at 6’2″ and my sister still calls me skinny but I hit 14 st which was my heaviest ever.

I dropped back down to 13 stone which is more my fighting weight.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Mister P – Member
    Have you tried raving Dave?

It’s a rave, Dave

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NLuLNfDZs[/video]

zero-cool
    Free Member

How big (and heavy are your balls)? You’ve got 2 kids so don’t need them anymore.

Note – If you’re Cam Zink that’ll save you about 40kg

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It’s too late.

Accept it.

Start a diet now and ride more so by Xmas you’ll be fine.

Burned 2000 calories on my road ride but that was 3 hours.

You could do short sprints (run) flat out a few times if you’re healthy. Repeat every 2nd day.

I have a boring office job – you lucky thing. Don’t be so ungrateful.

FuzzyWuzzy

Only eat celery, drink water, exercise until you faint (then eat some celery and get back at it), get liposuction, shave all the hair off your body

votchy
    Free Member

Pneumonia knocked a stone off me in 2 weeks and involved almost zero effort!!!

tailsmtb
    Free Member

When I started the 5:2 I lost a stone in a month. I know that sounds exaggerated but friends had similar results.
    It wasn’t just the fast days I realised my calorie consumption was higher than I thought everyday. I was quite a lard at the time, partly due to going from a v active job to a similar situation as yourself.

kayak23

ravingdave – Member
    as title really; 2 weeks until I go away

New bikini to fit into is it?

matt_outandabout

Picolax for the win

The Picolax Thread Returns

bigrich

get up at 5 am, ride for three hours. every day

perchypanther
    Free Member

You do realise that you’re giving advice on how to lose weight in two weeks for a holiday to a guy who asked the question three weeks ago and is now, presumably, a week into that holiday?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘how much weight can I lose in 2 weeks? and How?’ is closed to new replies.