Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • How much water do you drink a day?
  • teacake
    Free Member

I drink it a pint at a time. Probably 5-7 pints a day.

3 litres.

I commute by bike.

jimjam
    Free Member

surfer – Member

The point I am making which you are choosing to misunderstand is that you should not feel obligated to drink if you dont want to and have no thirst. Is that clear enough?

Yeah it’s clear you are making a shit point.

fasthaggis

All drinks (coffee,tea and water) 2.5 – 3.0 Litres

tommo999
    Free Member

I drink about 4 litres a day: 3 litres of water, at least 4 cups of tea/coffee, and then some squash on top of that.

The office is so dry, and everyone refuses to open the windows to let air in. its like prison, but i choose to do it.

mahalo

apart from beer/wine & spirits i only ever drink water. maybe 2 litres a day. just when im thirsty rather than trying to force down a certain amount.

flavoured drinks just tend to make me more thirsty!

maccruiskeen

2 litres of pureed asparagus per hour.

nickc

too much water making you pissy?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Monday to Friday excellent, a glass at following times 7.00,7.30, 10.00, 12.30, 3.00 , 5.00, sadly once i`m home i start grazing on crap for the night, Sat/Sun all over place,can forget to drink for hrs.

mattyfez

I have a glass of water on my bedside table if I’m reading or watching telly.
    Other than that all my water is second hand via tea, coffee or ale!

maccruiskeen

I have a glass of water on my bedside table

A glass you say. Are you sure its not a beaker?

mikejd

Not as much as my wife thinks I should. And I haven’t died of dehydration in 67 years!

Cougar

The whole “you should drink 2L of water a day” is misleading anyway, as it ignores water in food. It’s not hard to consume 2L of fluid without trying.

Drink if you’re thirsty, eat if you’re hungry (and not because the clock tells you to or you’re mis-identifying thirst as hunger).

I have a drink on the go at all times, be that a brew at work, a bottle of Coke in the car or a glass of water on the bedside cabinet. What I don’t do is think “shit, it’s been at least a minute since I drank something.”

jambalaya
    Free Member

1-2 litres of water a day, upper end in summer lower end in winter.

paton
    Free Member

Hydration myths

yunki
    Free Member

4 – 8 cups of tea and a bottle of wine

paton
    Free Member

Tim Noakes Waterlogged

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFlV-Rn1yw[/video]

tjagain

at work usually about 4 pints maybe more – hard physical work in a hot dry environment

I have not read all the posts but did spot the delightful nonsense of ” once your thirsty you are already dehydrated”

mikejd

Not as much as my wife thinks I should. And I’ve not died of dehydration yet in 67 years !

lunge

Typically:
    1 pint before I leave for work
    1 pint as I get to work
    1 pint mid morning
    2 750ml bottles over the afternoon
    1 pint when I get home from work
    1 pint later in the evening
    1 coffee.

So, lots. No idea if it does me any good but I feel alright and I find it stop me getting hungry.

surfer
    Free Member

If you are thirsty you are already getting dehydrated.

Thats the marketing line, well done!

You dissected my argument so well 🙄 I is in awe….

Tim Noakes Waterlogged

+1

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I drink when I’m thirsty or my pee is an alarming colour. On colour though, it seems to me that a bit yellow is actually the sweet spot. The only times my pee is clear is when I’m having to go to the loo every 15 mins.

TimothyD
    Free Member

I drink shit loads of tea when pottering about the home. A litre of tea and a pint or two of water if outdoors volunteering during the winter, and an extra couple of pints if doing the same during the summer.

Should possibly start to drink a pint in the morning when I wake up I guess, but tea is good. 🙂

I’ll drink up to 2 pints of tea a day I suppose…

miketually
    Free Member

IIRC, the two litres a day thing came from a guide for US Marines and was aimed at soldiers in the field in hot environments. Nobody knows the actual source for the Marines guide.

chewkw
    Free Member

How much water do you drink a day?

Water alone average 2.5 litre to 3.5 litre.

xico
    Free Member

None, and I drink very little when cycling, while my mates get through two bottles. Pee normal colour as well – should I be worried, doc? BTW, I rarely perspire either!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

0ltr

colournoise

Not enough.

Daily fluid intake is usually…

One mug of coffee, couple of cans of sugar free pop, one 500ml bottle of water at work, and a couple of pints of water with tea and in the evening. Added beer and cider at the weekend.

scotroutes

FTFY

Anywhere between 1.5l & 3l during the working day – if I go for more than an hour without water, I feel parched and crappy

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘How much water do you drink a day?’ is closed to new replies.